Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Render Pop Out Handling to prevent Crashes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Render Pop Out Handling to prevent Crashes?

Hey Guys,
    A while back i read a post about using the render pop out to render on indicator and panel, which is a pretty fundamental level necessity.
    I just have a condition and pop out to render then pop back in to render back on the original panel by using the two scales.
    Im just wondering if anyone knows a way to handle it better to avoid crashes, i usually get about 45 min s of development time without ninja crashing, but just really sucks cuz once you render on the whole canvas you cant go back.
    At the very least if you haven't tried it definitely makes strategy confirmation and coagulation faster being able to critically see the indicator signals and price signals.
    But if there are any pros found a way around the crashing?
    Also ninja should implement full support of drawing on both chart panels cuz i mean its already there 98%.

Hello NUVERSA,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Forums!

Are you referring to plotting an indicator from a strategy on both the price panel and a separate indicator panel?

If so, see this reference sample demonstrating how this could be accomplished: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gyPlot_NT8.zip

If not, please provide a brief description explaining exactly what you are trying to accomplish so we may accurately assist.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon
      I'm in a strategy, I created one plot and chose to render the indicator, rsi, on that. This prevented me from drawing on price panel in on render as you know.

After going through the on render methods
      ​​​​​​i popped out of the chart panel one and used the sum of the plot panel and the regular price chart panel to pop out into the full size panel.
      I then used the chart scale from each panel to recalculate the pixel location of all my drawings then after done rendering those things I pop back again and set the render pop rectangle to original one which I believe is just the plot and this is why we can regularly only render on the plot panel IF we have a plot.
      However since doing this my strategy crashes a lot more, and I'm just wondering if there's anything I need to be sure to include to prevent the crashing because I NEED to be able to render on the plot and price freely, I think it is so hard to without because I need to be able to see my strategy logic on the price and indicator to know their correlating correctly.
      Could you also please submit ticket to incorporate the multi panel drawing as base level feature in next update, it is vital though almost every platform doesn't support it.

Comment

Yo Brandon broski disregard, I was on 8.2.1 and that was the cause of everything.
        that solution was messed up and when I downgraded to previous one I had some errors I didn't see on 8.2. I'm more of a math guy than a programmer so idk if solutions can have different compilation settings ,but 8.2.1 was letting some dangerous leaks compile with variable naming and properties and I was crashing every 10 mins and not compiling.
        Now that I can compile I notice there's no issue with the rending
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 03-11-2024, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Hello NUVERSA,

Thanks for your notes.

I have modified your post as it contained profanity which is not allowed on the NinjaTrader Forums.

That said, our Development team is aware of an issue regarding compiling in NinjaTrader 8.1.2.1.

Please note they will be implementing a fix for this in a future release of NinjaTrader. We do not have an ETA for when this release will be available at this time.
          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post emuns
          by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
          6 responses