Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

exit position stop order. appearing on chart but executing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exit position stop order. appearing on chart but executing

i have a strategy with a exit position stop order that happens when triggered at a plus 60 ticks in profit. the stop order was accepted but it didn't fill when price went by it. i have the exit position stop order as average position price plus 8 ticks. that's correct, right?
    Attached Files

Hello SteveReiza,

Are you expecting the order to fill immediately at +60 ticks from average when the condition becomes true?

What you have now will only submit the stops once the price is greater than your average price plus 60 ticks. The stop is being set at average price plus 8 tick which will be below where the price is, the price would need to move back down to average price plus 8 ticks to fill that order however once it moves below 60 ticks the condition is no longer true and will expire the order after 1 bar close event.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. no i'm not wanting it to fill immediately when the 60 ticks plus happens. that is correct, that's what i'd like for the exit to happen once, and if, the price drops down to the 8 ticks plus. yah, i saw the orders accepted just awhile ago. but, they didn't fill when price was there. how do i make it so that its if once true 60 ticks plus then exit at 8 ticks plus? is that possible?

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

You need to make a condition that remains true to keep the order alive. When using the builder if you use limit or stop orders you need to keep calling the order method so it does not expire. When the price moves below +60 the condition is no longer true.

You would likely need to use a variable here and another set to submit the order. When your condition checking for +60 becomes true set a variable to true. In another set check if you are in a position and if the variable is true, if so submit the order at the +8 ticks price. You would also need to reset the variable back to false when flat.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. okay, sweet - that makes sense. appreciate the guidance!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes