Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Performance Profiler / CPU Usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Profiler / CPU Usage

Hello,

I am developing strategies and indicators in Visual Studio 2022 and I would like to use the performance profiler to optimize my strategies.

Given my past experience encountering the CS0579 error, I am curious about the feasibility and any potential complications of integrating the performance profiler into NinjaTrader.

Has anyone successfully integrated the performance profiler strategy to identify code that decreases the execution speed?

Kind regards
    Gerik

Hello Gerik,

Thank you for your post.

It is only supported to use Visual Studio for debugging and as a text editor to edit your scripts:

When it comes to the performance profiler, you should use it at your own risk and results may vary. This thread will remain open for any other members of the forum community to reach out with any feedback or comments about their own experiences with the performance profiler.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Emily,

thank you for your answer.

It would be quite helpful for me if you could provide a guideline in the near future how to use the performance profiler.

Kind regards
      Gerik

Comment

Originally posted by Gerik View Post
        Hello Emily,

thank you for your answer.

It would be quite helpful for me if you could provide a guideline in the near future how to use the performance profiler.

Kind regards
        Gerik
        The performance profiler is a feature of the Visual Studio application, which is not specific to NinjaTrader and is not documented by NinjaTrader. There are already existing documents and guidelines related to the performance profiler available via third party resources, such as the following publicly available links from the Microsoft site:
        Explore documentation to help you use profiling tools in Visual Studio to measure performance, including overviews, getting started tutorials, and how-to guides.

Review the different diagnostic tools available in Visual Studio for profiling your C#, Visual Basic, C++, and F# applications.

Thank you for your time and patience.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rene69851  
        Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
        0 responses