Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Implementing Time-Based Conditions in Strategy Builder Without Custom Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implementing Time-Based Conditions in Strategy Builder Without Custom Code

Hello NinjaTrader Community,

I am working on a strategy that needs to apply specific indicators only during Regular Trading Hours (RTH). Currently, I have a setup that functions correctly when RTH is defined in the settings. However, I want to expand the strategy to include additional conditions that operate beyond RTH.

Is there a way within the Strategy Builder to set time-based conditions for indicators, such that the calculations are confined to a specified time window, emulating the RTH filter, without resorting to writing custom code?

I am aiming to have certain parts of the strategy activate only during defined trading hours (e.g., 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM for the NASDAQ), while other components may work on a different schedule or around the clock.

Any guidance or workarounds using solely the Strategy Builder would be greatly appreciated, as I would prefer to avoid diving into custom scripting if possible.

Thank you for your assistance!

Hello Hezi100,

Thanks for your post.

So I may accurately assist, please provide a brief description explaining exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

Are you wanting to do actions only if a condition occurs during a certain timeframe?

If so, you could implement Time Filters in your script to limit the times that an action takes place when a condition is true.

See this help guide page for more information about creating Time Filters: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...on_builder.htm

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
    8 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
    4 responses
    1 like