Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

errors on order execution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

errors on order execution

It has been a big struggle to get NT to simply use my strategy without errors. I let it run for a day and every time it fills an order it generates an error (attached). These errors just stack up and create a memory leak which if I hadn't caught would have crashed my computer.

I wrote an algorithm so I wouldn't have to babysit my trading platform and click pop up boxes. How do I get these errors to go away? This has cost me multiple profitable trades as this makes my strategy go out of sync.

Click image for larger version  Name:	NTError.png Views:	3 Size:	14.4 KB ID:	1289469
    Last edited by alphatango; 02-02-2024, 08:56 AM.

Hello alphatango,

Thank you for your post.

This message seems to indicate that a change to an order was attempted after the order had already been filled. Are you using a Rithmic-based account? It seems so because of the verbiage "Order Management System." We have details about Rithmic and Interactive Brokers friendly strategies here:
    Hello, I see in the documentation you have fixed: 15048 Added Adapter, Rithmic Updated Rithmic API to version 11.3.0.0 Can you elaborate on that please? Will OnOrderUpdate() OnExecutionUpdate() and OnPositionUpdate() be called in the expected order?

Both Rithmic and Interactive Brokers do not guarantee the sequence of events for Order, Execution, and Position updates. This must be kept in mind so that you are not relying on these updates in any particular order.

I would be glad to take a look at a specific example that resulted in this message in your log and trace files. Please send these via email to open a support case with me where I can take a look at the sequence of events that occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default. Please include "ATTN Emily" in the subject line of the email along with a link to this forum thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the response, Emily. Sorry for the delay in response. Real world got busy for a bit.

I would love to resolve this issue to the best case possible. I read through the majority of the forum notes and I can't seem to find out what exactly we are doing. There's references to a Draw function being called which doesn't seem to make sense since the issue being discussed is order handling. I'm likely missing some key points.

With regards to your offer, I would greatly appreciate your eyes on the situation. I haven't run NT since I posted this. Can I still send the logs as you stated? How do I ping you specifically?

Comment

Originally posted by alphatango View Post
        Thanks for the response, Emily. Sorry for the delay in response. Real world got busy for a bit.

I would love to resolve this issue to the best case possible. I read through the majority of the forum notes and I can't seem to find out what exactly we are doing. There's references to a Draw function being called which doesn't seem to make sense since the issue being discussed is order handling. I'm likely missing some key points.

With regards to your offer, I would greatly appreciate your eyes on the situation. I haven't run NT since I posted this. Can I still send the logs as you stated? How do I ping you specifically?
        Yes, you can still send your diagnostic files for an analysis of what occurred.
        I would be glad to take a look at a specific example that resulted in this message in your log and trace files. Please send these via email to open a support case with me where I can take a look at the sequence of events that occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default. Please include "ATTN Emily" in the subject line of the email along with a link to this forum thread in the body of the email. Please also include information in the body of the message with the approximate time that this last occurred, as well as the Order ID if you have it.

The parts in bold will ensure that the message is routed to me when you send it.

I look forward to assisting you further.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It says "Email Successfully sent" with this post being the epoch. Let me know if you don't see anything and I'll try and get something to you another way. Thanks again!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post emuns
          by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
          6 responses
          1 like