Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

modify UI elements on Chart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modify UI elements on Chart Trader

Hi,

I want to "plant" / modify functionality's & UI elements on Chart Trader window (below yellow & red circled). Is this possible? Where can I find relevant reference materials?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Regards,
    Steven

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	70
Size:	332.0 KB
ID:	1282198

Hello Steven,

Thanks for your post.

WPF modifications could be used to modify the Chart Toolbar or Chart Trader window.

Note that moving/removing the existing Chart Toolbar and Chart Trader items would go beyond the support we would be able to provide you with as this would be considered changing the way NinjaTrader is intended to function. That said, it would be possitble to do at your own discretion if you decide to move/remove these items.

This forum thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on unsupported code.

See this reference sample for an example of using WPF modifications: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ui)-modifi.htm
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Got it. Thank you, Brandon. /Steven

Comment

Hi,

While I understand that WPF developemnet goes beyond your suppport, could you let me know how I can get the attached add-on running?

It is a snippet of codes presented in the section "Other Uses for an Addon" of "Educational Resources" in the NinjaScript website - adding Sample Button to Chart Trader. It gets compiled. But since it's not a strategy, it does not appear in the list of Strategy in Chart window. So how do I get to see a sample button appearing on Chart Trader on all my Charts?

Hope I'm not going out of line. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks.

Steven
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello i019945nj,

Thanks for your notes.

An AddOn NinjaScript will not appear in the Strategies window or in the Indicators window since it is not an Indicator script or Strategy script.

If you want the script to appear in the Strategies window, you would need to create a Strategy NinjaScript. If you want the script to appear in the Indicators window, you would need to create an Indicator NinjaScript.

You would need to add the menu item to the Control Center or create an AddOn window to access the AddOn.

I suggest studying the AddOn Development Overview help guide documentation and the AddOn Framework NinjaScript Basic reference sample on the AddOn Development Overview help guide for information about how to create a custom AddOn NinjaScript.

AddOn Development Overview: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_overview.htm

You could also find reference samples linked below which you might find helpful.

Add Menu Item from AddOn: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...456#post770456

AddOn Shell: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...830#post759830
          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the prompt response, Brandon. /Steven

Comment

To my surprises, ... it shows up. Not an indicator; not a strategy; not added to the CC menu. I did nothing but compiled the code. Do you know what happened? /Steven

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	16
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	1299724

Comment

Hello i019945nj,

In the OnWindowCreated() override, the code will be run for all open windows, attempting to cast the window as a chart and finding the chartTrader object, and then injecting code into the wpf of the chartTrader object.
                Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ChartTourist  
                Started by LiamTwine, Today, 08:10 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes