Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

profit trigger and new profit target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

profit trigger and new profit target

i'm trying to have a stepped stop loss. i have a profit target of 60 and a stop loss of 10. when the price of the contract hits a plus 12 i want the stop loss to move to a plus 2, essentially a new profit target. and, when the price of the contract hits a plus 20 i want the stop loss to move to a plus 10, essentially a new profit target. and, when the price of the contract hits 25 i want the stop loss to move to a plus 15, essentially a new profit target. what might this look like in code?

Hello SteveReiza,

Thanks for your notes.

It seems like you want to implement a trailing stop loss in your strategy.

You can use exit order methods and adding coding logic in the Strategy Builder to accomplish this goal. Please note that you would not be able to use the exit methods and the stops in the stop and targets window as that creates a violation of the managed approach internal order handling rules, linked here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...d_approach.htm

My colleague Chelsea has created educational examples of strategy builder breakeven and trailing stop in the strategy builder here:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/forum/suggestions-and-feedback/suggestions-and-feedback-
    aa/103992-request-breakeven-functions-in-strategy-builder#post806596

If you want a trailing profit target, you could implement similar logic see the "TrailBuilderExample_NT8" reference sample on the forum thread linked above to move your profit target.​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sweet, thanks! that should help the vendor. i have enough to give them with that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by RDTrader16, Today, 10:19 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post RDTrader16  
      Started by gemify, 03-08-2023, 08:02 AM
      9 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post culpepper