Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy execution stops after moving the price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy execution stops after moving the price

I have a strategy that has stops and targets. I move the stop or target, the strategy stops executing further. I have confirmed that the strategy is still enabled. There have been times when I clicked the 'Close' button and the strategy automatically disables. Would there be a way to prevent this?

Thanks!

Hello Graci117,

Thank you for your post.

Is this a strategy that you developed or one that was imported from a third party? Are you manually moving the stops and targets or do you mean that the strategy programmatically moves the stops and targets?

If your NinjaScript strategy uses ATM strategies, please read the following page for more details including how to close only the ATM strategy position and not disable the entire strategy:

I look forward to your reply.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Emily. It is a strategy that I developed. It does not use any atm strategy.

Comment

Hello Graci117,

Thank you for your reply.

Are you manually moving the stops and targets or do you mean that the strategy programmatically moves the stops and targets? Automated NinjaScript strategies are intended to be left to calculate on their own without user interaction. Manually modifying orders could result in unexpected behavior from the strategy. If you intend to have stops and targets that may be modified manually, then you should consider using an ATM strategy in your NinjaScript strategy logic. The link I shared previously is an overview of the line between NinjaScript strategies and ATM strategies:The ATM strategy methods may be found here:There is also an example strategy that comes with NinjaTrader called SampleAtmStrategy which is a helpful demonstration of how to incorporate an ATM strategy into your NinjaScript strategy's logic.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks again Emily. I am manually moving stops. If I use the ATM strategy then will I be able to test it on strategy analyzer?

Comment

Originally posted by Graci117 View Post
            Thanks again Emily. I am manually moving stops. If I use the ATM strategy then will I be able to test it on strategy analyzer?
            No, when using ATM strategies in NinjaScript they only work in real-time and you would not be able to backtest them in the Strategy Analyzer because it uses historical data. This is mentioned in the first bullet point of this page:

If you want to test the strategy on past data, you could instead use the Playback Connection:

Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane95
              Thank you, Emily. This is a strategy I devised, and it doesn't rely on any ATM strategy.
              Hello Duane95,

Thank you for your note.

I do not understand the context of your reply. In this thread I was previously assisting Graci117. Are you experiencing some sort of unexpected behavior related to your strategy? If so, please explain what is happening vs. what you are expecting to happen so I may better understand and assist you.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post emuns
              by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM