Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Optimizer errors persisting after attempt to optimize AddDataSeries parameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimizer errors persisting after attempt to optimize AddDataSeries parameter

Hi,

I have a multi timeframe strategy that I tried optimizing the minute interval parameters to AddDataSeries for. The optimization threw errors in the log, and since then I have been unable to optimize the strategy at all as it throws the same errors even when I'm not optimizing the minute interval parameters that initially threw the errors (image attached). I've attempted to resolve the issue with a reinstall, but had no luck. Can someone point me towards a fix for this scenario?

Thanks in advance,
    Attached Files

Hello Newbie-NT-Scriptor,

Thank you for your post.

There is a note about this in the help guide on the AddDataSeries() page:
    The AddDataSeries(string instrumentName) overload allows loading a different instrument yet using the same BarsPeriod. This could not be supported for Strategy Analyzer use with the 'Optimize Data Series' option enabled, doing so may result in an error similar to: Unable to load bars series. Your NinjaScript may be trying to use an additional data series dynamically in an unsupported manner.​
    Do you have the 'Optimize Data Series' option enabled in your optimization parameters? If so, do you still see any errors if you disable this option? In general, trying to add a data series dynamically could result in unexpected behavior and should be avoided. If your strategy is trying to call AddDataSeries() dynamically in any way, that could be related to the cause of the error.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Carolscogginsi, Yesterday, 10:45 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Carolscogginsi  
    Started by RaddiFX, Yesterday, 10:15 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes