Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SSO in Strategy Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSO in Strategy Builder

Simulated Stop Order in Strategy Builder is available as a bool check box for Stop Loss and Trailing Stop Loss. But there is no value box to enter it the Volume Trigger value. The 20 in the example is my trailing stop value. But there is no SSO value input.Please explain how to handle that. Thank you.
    Last edited by JMont1; 07-05-2023, 10:31 AM. Reason: Added tagZ

Hello JMont1,

The strategy builder uses the managed order handling approach, volume trigger is not part of the simulated stop in that approach. The volume trigger is part of the manual order entry approach which you can use by placing manual orders.

The builder just has the capability of submitting simulated stop orders which are held locally, if you wanted to also include a volume trigger you would have to make a condition which checks volume and then submit a order once that volume had been reached. The Stops and Targets page would not be able to be used for that purpose.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you provide an example of how Strategy Builder would be able to check volume of the bid/ask? That would be a great feature.

If not in Strategy Builder, may I request more advice on how I could take the strategy builder, open it and what could be added for a strategy to see the bid/ask of the current bid/ask?

I love the feature for my manual trading and would like it for a strategy.

Comment

Hello JMont1,

Even in manual coding the volume trigger would be something you would have to program yourself, the volume trigger you can use when submitting manual orders is only part of the manual order system.

To submit orders based on conditions in the builder would require some additional logic, you can see an example of a strategy which controls a target based on conditions in the following link. You would have to do something similar, after your volume condition becomes true you could toggle a variable which allows an order to be submitted.

To check the volume in the builder you can use the VOL indicator, you would compare the vol indicator against a numeric value:

Left: Indicators -> VOL
        Center: Greater equal
        Right: Misc -> Numeric value

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
        6 responses
        1 like
        Last Post jgualdronc