Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Vote for SFT-2875 Trading Control Center Data vs Actual Live Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote for SFT-2875 Trading Control Center Data vs Actual Live Chart

I suggested this about 3 years ago in general email to support. I am placing here in hopes others will request as well. When adding a Strategy to the Control Center in the Time Frame area you Choice "Days to Load" My request is Option to Choice Bars to Load Reason for the need for Bars to Load is that for Traders

Strategies in Control Center Regarding Time Frame

05-23-2023, 09:10 AM
    I suggested this about 3 years ago in general email to support. I am placing here in hopes others will request as well.

When adding a Strategy to the Control Center in the Time Frame area you Choice "Days to Load"

My request is Option to Choice Bars to Load

Reason for the need for Bars to Load is that for Traders using Off Standard Candlesticks ie Range, Renko, and others when the Days are Loaded vs a Chart of Off Standard Bars the ticks, Bricks, Range etc creates bars that do NOT match when might be loaded using Days to Load in Control Center

Request Item: We have recorded that request as SFT-2875,

TODAY 6/14/23 just before 2 pm I loaded 5 days on a Live Chart and then loaded a strateg. I also loaded the same strategy in the Control Center for 5 days. Enabled Both

The result was surprising - At first the strategies enter traded at the same price level but they exited slightly different. As time continued the trades were not in sync anymore until about 3 pm then the last several trades were trading at about the same entry times and one exit a slightly different prices and times. They both traded about 15 times over the 90 minute window from 2 PM until 3:35 pm for entries.

The Strategy in the Control Center P/L was about $ 352 vs the Strategy applied to the Chart the P/L was $ 575. While I do not know what the difference would be by loading a particular number of bars on a chart and the Control Center It could be the issues and $ 225 in just a 90 minute test is astronomical over a year (six figures difference)

Thanks

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by thread, 04-15-2024, 11:58 PM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post Georg1o
by Georg1o

Started by leojimenezp, 04-20-2024, 05:49 PM
4 responses
0 likes