Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

INDICATOR > Sim22 Double Stochastic_Colored_anyinputGLV1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INDICATOR > Sim22 Double Stochastic_Colored_anyinputGLV1.1

Hello, i think i Posted this Question on the Wrong Forum, the first time, so i will Try again Here. Ty

I am reasonable well & able to Program in the NT8 Strategy Builder. However, When I Try to Use this particular indicator. The ’Value Plot' does not seem to work for me.
    KReversal Down & KReversal Up if I try to program with these variables & values, i never get them to give me an indication of a Numerical Value besides N/A.
    Example > if i try to detect when KReversal Down is = to anything other than N/A. The indicator do not seem to give me feedback in Strategy Builder. (however, i do see the values in the DATA Box ) meaning basically I cannot program with this indicator? Can anyone tell me, what I am doing wrong here? It looks like everything should be working and the indicator should allow programming this way??? I'm Hoping, that somehow, I'm not understanding the programming for this one..... p.s. for what it is worth, the pop and poop value plots don't work for me either , with this indicator ? Maybe this is a paid indicator, and I do not realize it, and am using a free version of it. That don't allow the programming in strategy builder ......

Thanks for your help or comments.
    Br. George

Attached Files

Hello George,

Thanks for your post.

I have moved this Forum thread to the NinjaTrader Desktop > Strategy Development section of the Forums since it is a question about developing a custom strategy in the Strategy Builder. Note that the Indicator Development section of the Forums is for questions about programming custom indicators.

That said, the Sim22 Double Stochastic_Colored_anyinputGLV1.1 in question is not an indicator that comes with NinjaTrader 8 by default.

Was this indicator created by you? Or, was this indicator programmed by a third-party developer?

If it was created by a third-party developer, you will need to contact the developer of the indicator directly for instructions on how to properly use the indicator in the Strategy Builder.

If this indicator was created by you, debugging prints would need to be added to the indicator to determine how exactly the indicator is behaving and plotting values.

Something you could consider is creating a Print in the script to print out the value of the indicator to see how it is outputting values and evaluating.

Below is a link to a forum post that demonstrates how to use prints to understand behavior.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...121#post791121

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Brandon, it is a third party indicator. i still apricate your time. To answer me back, Br George

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post Anfedport  
      Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post iceman2018