Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Higher Time Frames Backtest/Strategy Optimizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higher Time Frames Backtest/Strategy Optimizer

Hello All-

I have been bouncing around the forum following different threads trying to get answer this question. I have found some older answers to my question but I am hoping that Ninjatrader has issued an update to be able to do this without coding.

I am using the strategy builder and everything works as wanted when I do the market replay and live trade with paper money. However, I want to use the Strategy Optimizer to fine tune my strategy.

However, I cannot use the High for Order Fill Resolution when I have conditions based on higher time frames. I get the "High Order Fill Resolution is only available for single-series strategies" error message. Has this issue been resolved? I don't know how to edit the Ninjascript and I purchased Ninjatrader because I didn't want to have write script. I will include a screenshot of my conditions.

Secondly, when I run a backtest using the standard fill the trade I want to happen occurs one bar later than it does when I am in real time or doing market replay. I want to go long or short following an inside bar (a bar that doesn't take out the high or low of the previous bar) if the price breaks to the downside or upside. I will include a picture. How can I get this order to execute on the red bar on the 9:30 line? I want it to go short once it break the low of the previous green inside bar at 9:29.

Thank you,

Nick

Attached Files

Hi Nick, thanks for posting. The script will need to be unlocked to submit orders on a 1 tick series to simulate the high resolution order fill. We have a full example script here:

An Inside bar can be evaluated as: High[0] < High[1] && Low[0] > Low[1], you will need to modify either end of this to know if the price breaks up or down e.g.

High[0] < High[1] && Low[0] < Low[1] When you see a 0, or 1, this is the BarsAgo property in the strategy builder.
    or
    High[0] > High[1] && Low[0] > Low[1]

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes