Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Scalping - Reversal trading and reentry based on last signal after session exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Murali,

Thanks for your reply.

The strategy builder is quite limited in what information it has as it is intended for simple strategies.

In the condition builder, inside the Strategy Folder, you can access the Current position size and Current market position. These would be of the Strategy only. The strategy builder cannot access account information.

HeikenAshi presents false data on the chart, it is more of a trend indicator than an actual bar. For example, the current bar Heiken Ashi open is created from the previous bars Open price plus Close price times 0.5 so you are not working with real price data and a market order will fill where the price actually is.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Paul,

ok, will check the position size. Could you please tell me how to add a particualt indicators to a data serices

addchartindicator() to AddDataSeries(), Say i have 2 data series

AddDataSeries(BarsPeriodType.HeikenAshi, 15) -> I want to add indicator x to 15 min chart
      AddDataSeries(BarsPeriodType.HeikenAshi, 3) -> add indicator y to 3 Min chart

both are same instruments? Not sure how to add indicator only to a particular dataseries. Please share me some examples.

Thankyou,
      Murali

Comment

Hello Murali,

Thanks for your reply.

If you are using the strategy builder, you cannot add Heiken Ashi bars as a secondary series.

Here is a short video on adding data series and then using that data series in the strategy builder: https://paul-ninjatrader.tinytake.co...MF8xMTY0NTQyMw

Comment

I don't use the strategy builder much, I write my own code. I already added using AddHeikenAshi.

But i see the following error when i try to enable the strategy.

Strategy 'STScalperV3': Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method on bar 0: You are accessing an index with a value that is invalid since it is out-of-range. I.E. accessing a series [barsAgo] with a value of 5 when there are only 4 bars on the chart.

Comment

Hello Murali,

Thanks for your reply.

For working with a multi-timeframe or series script in NinjaScript, please see the help guide here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm This is a large sequential read but it does answer all of your questions, including the error message (hint: CurrentBars[] check)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses