Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Autobreak even for strategy builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post

In the Strategy Builder, you may not modify the prices of order submitted via the Stops and Targets screen. To phrase that differently and confirm one of your questions, no you do not "have hold" of the stop loss and profit target in your Conditions and Actions sets. Once those orders are submitted from Stops and Targets, they may not be modified from the Conditions and Actions screen. You must use Exit orders in the Conditions and Actions if you would like to create a breakeven scenario in the Strategy Builder. Exit actions may not be combined with Stops and Targets due to the internal order handling rules listed here - for example, if there is an order from SetStopLoss() or SetProfitTarget() and Exit() orders in the Actions, one of those orders will be ignored:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/index.html?managed_approach.htm#InternalOrderHandl ingRulesThatReduceUnwantedPositions

Code:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/index.html?managed_approach.htm#InternalOrderHandlingRulesThatReduceUnwantedPositions
    You can modify stops and targets from the Set() methods if you configure them dynamically in OnBarUpdate() within an unlocked script in the NinjaScript Editor. This is not an option in the Strategy Builder because it uses static stops and targets that are set in State.Configure. For an example of an unlocked script that can modify to breakeven:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Thank you Emily.
    I will try out with the example reference you shared.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your explanation, i have a question, is it possible to make Auto Breakeven, without having to predefine the ticks for for profit target, as i am getting a signal with 2 separate orders, but with same Entry and SL values, but 1 is having TP1 and 2nd is having TP2 as following:

1- Stop Loss
      2- Entry Price
      3- Take_Profit_1
      4- Take_Profit_2

so is there is away to make the strategy move the 2nd Take Profit 2, to Breakeven once Take Profit 1 price is reached, without predefining the profit trigger in tick, just based on reaching the nearest take profit ???

Regards,
      Mostafa Gawad

Comment

Originally posted by mustaphagawad View Post
        Hello,

Thanks a lot for your explanation, i have a question, is it possible to make Auto Breakeven, without having to predefine the ticks for for profit target, as i am getting a signal with 2 separate orders, but with same Entry and SL values, but 1 is having TP1 and 2nd is having TP2 as following:

1- Stop Loss
        2- Entry Price
        3- Take_Profit_1
        4- Take_Profit_2

so is there is away to make the strategy move the 2nd Take Profit 2, to Breakeven once Take Profit 1 price is reached, without predefining the profit trigger in tick, just based on reaching the nearest take profit ???

Regards,
        Mostafa Gawad
        Hello Mostafa,

Thank you for your note.

If you desire to move the 2nd Take Profit 2 to breakeven once the Take Profit 1 is reached, you would set the trigger in the condition to move to breakeven to whatever value the Take Profit 1 is set to rather than having an input for the number of ticks.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Emily,

Thanks a lot for your Reply, take profit 1 i am receiving a dynamic target, can't define it as a numeric value into the breakeven conditions, i don't have a strategy in NT8, i am receiving the entry values from a bridge app, and everytime, the price of take profit is different.

please let me know, if you have away to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by mustaphagawad View Post
            Hello Emily,

Thanks a lot for your Reply, take profit 1 i am receiving a dynamic target, can't define it as a numeric value into the breakeven conditions, i don't have a strategy in NT8, i am receiving the entry values from a bridge app, and everytime, the price of take profit is different.

please let me know, if you have away to do it.
            The thread that you responded to was regarding dynamic stops and targets in the Strategy Builder. You mentioned you do not have a strategy in NinjaTrader 8 and you are using a bridge app which suggests that your questions are not relevant to this existing thread. Please open a new thread with the exact details of your inquiry so we may better understand and assist you with your inquiry.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
            Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses