Tradovate MIT orders have wrong OrderType

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tradovate MIT orders have wrong OrderType

I recently upgraded from a very old release of Ninjatrader 8.0.26.1 to the latest version 8.1.3.0.

I noticed an issue with MIT orders when using a Tradovate account.

On a Tradovate account, the MIT orders are bright yellow. When dealing with these bright yellow orders programmatically, they have the wrong value in the "OrderType" property. The OrderType is set as "Market" rather than "MIT". The correct type is displayed in the Orders window, but when dealing with these orders programmatically the OrderType is wrong.

To assist the support team with verifying the issue, I have produced a small indicator that submits an MIT order 10 points from current price and prints the OrderType to the output window.
    Attached Files

Hello kevinenergy,

Thank you for your post.

To clarify, what connection type are you using? My NinjaTrader.

When testing this connection type, I am unable to reproduce this issue. Testing your script out, it is printing out the order type correctly as MIT.

If you test this when connected to the SimulatedDataFeed, or on the Sim101 account, are you still seeing the same behavior? Or is it specifically when connected to your live account connection?

Thank you in advance.
    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Gaby.

I'm using a MyFundedFutures Tradovate evaluation account.
      Perhaps it's an issue with Tradovate "Sim" accounts?

I'm using multi-broker mode and I'm pretty sure the connection type is the new Ninjatrader account type.

I will doube check when I'm back at my desk tomorrow.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Gaby View Post
      Hello kevinenergy,

Thank you for your post.

To clarify, what connection type are you using? My NinjaTrader.

When testing this connection type, I am unable to reproduce this issue. Testing your script out, it is printing out the order type correctly as MIT.

If you test this when connected to the SimulatedDataFeed, or on the Sim101 account, are you still seeing the same behavior? Or is it specifically when connected to your live account connection?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Also.... You need to select the account in chart trader before adding the indicator to the chart

Comment

Hello kevinenergy,

I ended up being able to reproduce this issue and have reported it to our Development Team. The tracking number for this report is NT-17340.

Thank you for reporting!

Comment

Hello kevinenergy,

Development got back to us on this. This behavior is expected as Tradovate does not support MIT orders.

"This is expected. Tradovate doesn’t support MIT orders. So, MIT orders are locally held then when the price reaches them a Market order is sent."

Please let us know if you have any further questions and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Comment

I’ve been a Ninjatrader user for long enough to understand that when your development team says “it’s expected” they’re really saying is “we’re lazy and can’t be bothered fixing it even through it’s clearly not correct”

Further question: Could you explain how I’m supposed to determine from code the difference between a locally held a Tradovate “MIT” order which has OrderType “Market”. And an actual market order that also has OrderType “Market”?

Also could you explain why the OrderType indicated in the orders tab on the ControlCenter says “MIT”…. When in code the OrderType property says “Market”

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Gaby View Post
              …..when the price reaches them a Market order is sent."
              Last edited by kevinenergy; 05-10-2024, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinenergy View Post
                I’ve been a Ninjatrader user for long enough to understand that when your development team says “it’s expected” they’re really saying is “we’re lazy and can’t be bothered fixing it even through it’s clearly not correct”

Further question: Could you explain how I’m supposed to determine from code the difference between a locally held a Tradovate “MIT” order which has OrderType “Market”. And an actual market order that also has OrderType “Market”?

Also could you explain why the OrderType indicated in the orders tab on the ControlCenter says “MIT”…. When in code the OrderType property says “Market”

there's nothing lazy about them. If the backend aka Tradovate doesn't natively support MIT orders, then frontend aka ninjatrader have to hold the order on ur PC. You should ask Tradovate why they don't support MIT orders and not ninja

Comment

Thanks for your input. I see you joined in May ‘24. You must have learned a lot in the last 10 days to be such an expert on things.

I’ve got no issue with client-side MIT vs server side MIT. My issue is that Ninjatrader is reporting it’s OrderType property as “Market” not “MIT” and how I’m supposed to recognise from code what kind of order this actually is. Also why the Orders window reports it as MIT but from code it’s “Market”.

it isn’t a Market order…. At some stage in the future it will trigger a market order but to have OrderState “Market” before triggering is simply incorrect.

when you get more experienced with Ninjatrader you’ll also get fed up with the “this is expected” response.

Originally posted by nightstalker View Post

there's nothing lazy about them. If the backend aka Tradovate doesn't natively support MIT orders, then frontend aka ninjatrader have to hold the order on ur PC. You should ask Tradovate why they don't support MIT orders and not ninja
                  Last edited by kevinenergy; 05-10-2024, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I reported a not entirely dissimilar bug related to MIT vs Market in NinjaTrader Desktop some time ago: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...tted-ordertype

Maybe they went out to lunch together and decided to collaborate?

Thanks.
                    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                    jeronymite
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by d3whiteley, Today, 07:14 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post d3whiteley