Open in Strategy Analyzer Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open in Strategy Analyzer Tab

Hello, I am facing a similar issue to the bug linked below. When I run a backtest on a list of instruments then right click a row and select open in strategy analyzer tab. It opens the new tab but not set to the current strategy and settings but a random strategy. This started occuring recently and I can not figure out how to get it back to what it was. I have completely removed ninjatrader from my system and reinstalled and I am still facing the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello proptradingshop,

Do you see this happen also with the SampleMACrossOver strategy? If so can you provide the specific sequence of steps you used? I will be happy to provide a bug report, I just need to make sure I am re creating the issue the same way that you are.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jesse, I think you may have found the issue, it does not behave this way for SampleMACrossOver...my strategy is using a custom base class that inherits from Strategy. Is there anyway to fix this bug as this really hinders the workflow for backtesting and reviewing individual backtests.

Comment

Hello proptradingshop,

Are you certain it relates to the custom inheritance? I would likely suggest to do some testing to see if the inheritance specifically is the reason or not. While we cannot support custom inheritance we can put in bug reports if the problem stems from something else which is supported. I would suggest making a new empty strategy and test inheriting from your custom base to see if that happens also with that strategy to confirm that.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jesse

Thank you for the support, it is definitely because of my custom strategy base class which is really unfortunate. I tried creating a simple base class that inherits from strategy then have the @SampleMACrossOver strategy inherit from the custom base class (no code in the class just simple inheritance) and when I run the SampleMACrossOver backtest in the analyzer and select a row to open in new tab it fails to open the SampleMACrossOver as the selected strategy which is really unfortunate. Do you have any examples of simple inheritance where I can reference where this is not happening? This small bug would make the platform unusable unfortunately.

EDIT: I take back everything I said, I have found the culprit. It is related to my custom base strategy which inherits from the NT Strategy class (CustomStrategyBase : Strategy) then my strategies inherit from my CustomStrategyBase. There is nothing inherently wrong with my code or base class however if you have public class variables in your base class then the behavior I was experiencing will happen. I had to switch my class variables inside my base class to protected. (Or you can make them private with accessor methods). Hope this helps for future debugging.
          Last edited by proptradingshop; 04-22-2024, 05:51 PM. Reason: Found a solution.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Nicholewatkinsi, Today, 10:53 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Nicholewatkinsi  
          Started by dward123, 01-02-2024, 09:59 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Lancer