Cannot Open NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Open NT8

So I was making changes to my strategy code and the compiler was stuck for sometime. I ended up closing al the windows and then finally had to kill the NT process to exit the app. In past when I had done this (the compiler getting stuck without any error is really painful).. restarting had worked for me. This time, I am getting below error. I get couple of these prompts and then NT exits without starting. I tried to rebuild the solution in Visual Studio but its not useful. Still cannot start NT.

Please help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	61
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1292854

Hello jpkulkarni,

Delete the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\Config.xml file and uninstall and re-install NinjaTrader and you should be able to launch NinjaTrader and correct any reference or compile errors in the NinjaScript Editor.

Note, the error will still appear, but NinjaTrader should launch.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I had a saved copy of the bin/Custom folder that I restored and tried to add back my indicator.. It is doing the same thing (aka infinite loop of compiling without any errors).. Anyway I can see the output of the compiler?

Also if I re-install NT then does it change my Machine ID? Will I need to get (aka pay for) licenses for my already paid indicators/strategies again?

Comment

Hello jpkulkarni,

Once NinjaTrader is started open the NinjaScript Editor, right-click and select compile. This will show the compile errors.

Re-installing NinjaTrader will not change the MachineID but other factors can cause the MachineID to change.
        Hi, I upgraded to a new version of a software from a third party vendor (www.precisiontradingsystems.com) for NT8 last year. I am running the *same* computer but the Ninjatrader sw is spewing out a message saying my machine ID has changed? The vendor is claiming that to need to pay to get the machine id changed. However as I

Comment

Ok.. I have tried uninstall, reinstall and resetup NT8.. There is literally nothing in this new NT8 installation other than 1 custom indicator code that has been working till this afternoon and I didn't even make any changes to it for it to stop compiling.. Any new suggestion on why the compiler keeps running without any messages etc.. These all processes/threads running under NT.. What is the blank one? Is that normal ?

Views:	59
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1292911​Also everytime this happen I get Pacing Violoation and then connection lost message in Log

Views:	50
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	1292912

I am pretty sure its not my code but something else.. Sincerely appreciate pointers on how to get to the bottom of this..

JK

Comment

Hello JK,

The long compile times are being experienced by other developers and is something our development team is working on.

Below is a link to a forum post with a discussion.
            I just installed the latest version and am having many problems. After 4 or 5 compilations it keeps compiling forever and causes the chart to freeze too. It's the 3rd time it happens. I have to force quit the application. Any ideas? I am about to downgrade to previous version.

May I have you send an email to scriptingsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a link to this forum thread?
            I'd like to investigate further with you.

Comment

Thanks Chelsea. I am good for now. FWIW, i have noticed that slow compilation (aka never-ending compilation) completes after I close Script Editor, Output Window and Visual Studio. Frustrating but I can live with this workaround till the team figures out a permanent fix. Also if it helps, I am using a VPS with AMD processor.. in case that is an issue.

Comment

Alright.. Cannot start NT8 again. The last message it gave me was "unhandled exception trapped" - not enough memory resource available to process this command. Under Documents\Ninjatrade 8\trace folder I found a file with following error. I have not been able to start NT8 since. Here is all I have done

1/ Tried removing Config.xml
                2/ Tried removing obj and bin folders under Custom
                3/ Tried removing Cache folder
                4/ Tried removing db folder

Still cannot start NT8. Please help. I just installed this 2 days ago based on above issues.

Finally - i am not sure why this is a memory issue. I am running on 32GB machine and i barely see NT using more than 2-3GB. If my code has issue, I should see memory usage go up but its not something I am noticing. Also not sure why it cannot even load now.

Can I downgrade to last stable version? These issues are really slowing down progress.

Please help.
                JK

--

Code:
                2024-02-27 17:56:01:300 Server.HdsClient.ProcessStartupInfo.Info1: Commissions=0.00ms InstrumentLists=0.00ms MasterInstruments=0.00ms Messages=0.34ms Risks=0.00ms RolloverCollection=0.00ms TradingHours=0.00ms
                2024-02-27 18:19:06:028 Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars (to Provider): instrument='NQ MAR24' from='2/27/2024 4:00:00 PM' to='2/27/2024 11:59:59 PM' period='1 Tick'
                2024-02-27 18:19:07:339 Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars (to Provider): instrument='NQ MAR24' from='2/27/2024 6:00:00 PM' to='2/27/2024 11:59:59 PM' period='1 Tick'
                2024-02-27 18:27:45:339 Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars (to Provider): instrument='NQ DEC23' from='12/8/2023 12:00:00 AM' to='12/8/2023 12:00:00 AM' period='1 Minute'
                2024-02-27 18:27:45:339 Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars (to Provider): instrument='NQ DEC23' from='12/8/2023 4:00:00 PM' to='12/8/2023 11:59:59 PM' period='1 Tick'
                2024-02-27 18:31:22:342 Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars (to Provider): instrument='NQ DEC23' from='12/8/2023 4:00:00 PM' to='12/8/2023 11:59:59 PM' period='1 Tick'
                2024-02-27 18:49:39:564 Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars (to Provider): instrument='NQ MAR24' from='2/27/2024 6:00:00 PM' to='2/27/2024 11:59:59 PM' period='1 Tick'
                2024-02-27 18:49:41:653 Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars (to Provider): instrument='NQ MAR24' from='2/27/2024 6:00:00 PM' to='2/27/2024 11:59:59 PM' period='1 Tick'
                2024-02-27 18:53:36:961 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
                2024-02-27 18:53:36:962 Not enough memory resources are available to process this command
                2024-02-27 18:53:36:964 System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Not enough memory resources are available to process this command
                at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.RegisterClassEx(WNDCL ASSEX_D wc_d)
                at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper..ctor(Int32 classStyle, Int32 style, Int32 exStyle, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, String name, IntPtr parent, HwndWrapperHook[] hooks)
                at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.Initialize(HwndS ourceParameters parameters)
                at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource..ctor(HwndSource Parameters parameters)
                at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Popup.PopupSecu rityHelper.BuildWindow(Int32 x, Int32 y, Visual placementTarget, Boolean transparent, HwndSourceHook hook, AutoResizedEventHandler handler, HwndDpiChangedEventHandler dpiChangedHandler)
                at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Popup.BuildWind ow(Visual targetVisual)
                at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Popup.CreateWin dow(Boolean asyncCall)
                at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Popup.OnIsOpenC hanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
                at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged( DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
                at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged( DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
                at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChan ge(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
                at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveVal ue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
                at System.Windows.DependencyObject.InvalidateProperty (DependencyProperty dp, Boolean preserveCurrentValue)
                at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpressionBase.Invalida te(Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
                at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.TransferValu e(Object newValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
                at MS.Internal.Data.PropertyPathWorker.UpdateSourceVa lueState(Int32 k, ICollectionView collectionView, Object newValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
                at MS.Internal.Data.PropertyPathWorker.OnDependencyPr opertyChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyProperty dp, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
                at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.HandleProper tyInvalidation(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
                at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpressionBase.OnProper tyInvalidation(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
                at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.OnPropertyIn validation(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
                at System.Windows.DependentList.InvalidateDependents( DependencyObject source, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs sourceArgs)
                at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChan ge(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
                at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveVal ue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
                at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(Dep endencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
                at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetCurrentValueInt ernal(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
                at System.Windows.Controls.PopupControlService.RaiseC ontextMenuOpeningEvent(IInputElement source, Double x, Double y, Boolean userInitiated)
                at System.Windows.Controls.PopupControlService.Proces sMouseUp(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
                at System.Windows.Controls.PopupControlService.OnPost ProcessInput(Object sender, ProcessInputEventArgs e)
                at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.RaiseProcessInpu tEventHandlers(ProcessInputEventHandler postProcessInput, ProcessInputEventArgs processInputEventArgs)
                at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingAr ea()
                at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(Inp utEventArgs input)
                at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput (InputReport inputReport)
                at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.Repo rtInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
                at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.Filt erMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
                at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessa ge(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
                at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
                at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( Object o)
                at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
                at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
                2024-02-27 18:54:02:616 Shutting down NinjaTrader​

Comment

Hello jpkulkarni,

Have you tried starting without a saved workspace?

To start without a saved workspace:
                  • Shut down NinjaTrader
                  • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces
                  • Select all files in this folder -> right-click one of those selected files -> select Cut
                  • Navigate to the Desktop -> right-click the Desktop -> select New -> Folder
                  • Open this folder -> right-click in the folder -> select Paste
                  • After moving these files, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces
                  • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart using 1 minute bars and try reproduce the behavior.
                    Do not load a template on this new chart or any 3rd party indicators.

* Please note this will not delete your existing workspaces. However the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1, rename the workspace in the Workspaces menu by clicking Save As > and give a name for the workspace like TestingWorkspace. Then do not save Untitled1 when shutting down NinjaTrader (otherwise it will overwritten).

Please let me know if on this new 1 minute chart if the behavior continues when all other workspaces are closed.​

Comment

Thanks Chelsea. That worked. Sincerely appreciate quick response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post JoMoon2024  
                    Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Massinisa