Market Analyzer not Displaying Close based on Day Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer not Displaying Close based on Day Data

I’m doing some experimenting with the Market Analyzer and have a question.

I have set up two Market Analyzers using the attached indicator in an Indicator Column. (Please see attached indicator script and screenshot)

On the first Market Analyzer, the following properties are set for the indicator column:

Indicator
    Indicator CloseExperiment
    Plot ClosePlot

Data Series
    Input Series Close
    Price based on last Close
    Type Minute
    Value 1

Time frame
    Load data based on Days
    Days back 1
    Trading hours Use instrument settings
    Break at EOD Checked

Setup
    Calculate On price change
    Max bars look back 256

On the second Market Analyzer, the properties are identical except that Data Series Type is set to Day and not Minute. The Days back parameter is set to 2, not 1

The first Market Analyzer correctly shows the current close (based on 1 minute data) for each instrument. The second Market Analyzer displays either 0.00 or … as the value (based on 1 day data).

As you can see in the screenshot, both minute and day data are shown on the charts, which suggests that both minute and day data are in the database.

I initially thought it might be a problem with the feed, however I have connected to different data feeds, and the problem persists.

I’ve been trying to solve this for hours, and cannot understand why the second Market Analyzer does not show the current daily closes.​
    Attached Files

Hello h1000,

Thanks for your post.

When a script is not behaving as expected it is necessary to add debugging prints to the script to understand how it is evaluating.

One line above the CurrentBars[0] and BarsRequiredToTrade condition, print out the values being used in the condition to see how they are evaluating.

Also, add a print one line after the line of code where you are assigning the value to the plot that prints out the plot value to see how it is evaluating.

Below is a link to a forum post that demonstrates how to use prints to understand behavior.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Anfedport  
    Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes