Strategies are never restored from Workspace / DB error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategies are never restored from Workspace / DB error

Folks, my strategies are never restored from my workspace.

No matter how I save the workspace, the strategies within it are never restored after I reset NT. Even when I make a backup copy of the workspace files and DB (through the import / export options), the strategies still do no come back to life. Looking inside my trace files, I then see

2024-02-13 22:12:17:403 SQLite error (1): no such table: Strategies_tmp in "DROP TABLE Strategies_tmp"
    2024-02-13 22:12:17:402 StrategyBase.DbLoad.ERROR on loading strategies: SQL logic error no such table: Strategies_tmp
    2024-02-13 22:12:17:401 SQLite error (1): no such table: Strategies_tmp in "DELETE FROM Strategies_tmp"
    2024-02-13 22:12:17:396 SQLite error (11): statement aborts at 5: [CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Strategies_tmp(Id BIGINT NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(Id))] database disk image is malformed
    2024-02-13 22:12:17:395 SQLite error (11): database corruption at line 72349 of [78d9c993d4]

Obviously, this is the cause of my grief. How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Hello timmbbo,

Thanks for your post.

Please send us your log and trace files by writing in to scriptingsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we may investigate this further. In the subject of your email include 'ATTN: BrandonH' and in the body of the email include a link to this forum post.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    We look forward to assisting further.​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello timmbbo,

Thanks for your notes.

Please see my reply on this forum thread you made in regards to the strategies behavior you are reporting.

Folks, flipping between two work spaces does not bring up the saved strategies. I've isolated this to a test case, and recorded a video at: https://youtu.be/qyOhyVS-oHE First, I created and save Worksspace Test1. Into it, I load Chart 6A, with strategies Base1, Base2, and Base3. Then, I save a second workspace, Test2, with

Regarding the error message you shared, please use the following steps to rename the database file so NinjaTrader automatically creates a new one:​Let us know if we may assist further.
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
      4 responses
      1 like