Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Every so often when trying to modify indicators on a chart or change Data Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every so often when trying to modify indicators on a chart or change Data Series

With the latest version of 8.1.2.1. When modifying indicators or data series. When attempting to open the windows at random intervals the windows wont open and NinjaTrader will lock up - forcing a termination of the application through Task Manager.

On this latest iteration/problem the trace file was able to find the following exception.

2024-02-12 13:53:17:500 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2024-02-12 13:53:17:500 Not enough quota is available to process this command
    2024-02-12 13:53:17:504 System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Not enough quota is available to process this command
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSett ings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos( IntPtr lParam)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(Wi ndowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilter Message(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( Object o)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

​My question here is the PC has more than enough memory - why is it still using Windows 32 (x86 environment)? if that is the case then the maximum amount of memory that can be used is 4GB.

Hello WHICKED​,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please see this article from our Knowledge base to find out more about this error:

(I would recommend you bookmark this site to have a resource the next time you get a platform error such as this)

Also I would advise you to please check the amount of storage available on your PC.
    To do this:
    1. Select the Start button, and then select Settings .
    2. Select System > Storage.
    How much space is left on your PC? Does the issue persist if you take steps to free up space on your PC?

I've provided a publicly available link explaining how to free up space with Windows below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0and%20drives.

You might also benefit from lightening up your workspace .

I recommend you review our Performance Tips, which outline all the best methods for reliable NinjaTrader performance on any machine.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.​
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM