Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sometimes the compilation process doesn't stop. need to restart the program

as the topic states.
    I have maybe 3-4 strategies and indicators I have wrote included in the compilation.
    I have no errors that I can see. it simply runs until I restart the program.
    what and where should I look ?

I often have the same problem when I copy a strategy from my local machine to a remote server that is running NT8. To work around the problem, I don't copy the strategy directly to the remote Strategies directory...instead I copy the strategy to a different directory on the remote machine, then copy from that remote directory to the Strategies remote directory. This is probably not the same situation that you have but it may give you a clue to a work around. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by dadarara View Post
      as the topic states.
      I have maybe 3-4 strategies and indicators I have wrote included in the compilation.
      I have no errors that I can see. it simply runs until I restart the program.
      what and where should I look ?
      Hello dadarara,

Thanks for your post.

This is an item that has been reported to the development team via tracking ID NT-10898. If a fix is implemented in a future release, that ID number will be mentioned in the release notes:

There has also been discussion about this behavior in other threads, such as the following:
      Hello, I recently upgraded to 8.1.2.0 64-bit, and now every compile of custom indicator or strategy take 30-45 seconds, and sometimes when I have visual studio opened, it never finishes. I have to shut down Ninja, delete custom dll files and compile again. Previous version I used 8.0.28.0 64-bit or any other version never had

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
      Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi
        While we wait for the fix.
        almost every time this compilation is stuck, I need to reboot. After the reboot I get a DLL load error. and need to reinstall the program and also load all the strategies and indicators from the scratch.

Any way to make my life easier as a workaround ?

Comment

Originally posted by dadarara View Post
          Hi
          While we wait for the fix.
          almost every time this compilation is stuck, I need to reboot. After the reboot I get a DLL load error. and need to reinstall the program and also load all the strategies and indicators from the scratch.

Any way to make my life easier as a workaround ?
          Hello dadarara,

Thank you for your reply.

I certainly understand how inconvenient that process can be. We do not typically recommend a downgrade as a solution, though as a workaround you could consider uninstalling the current version and reverting to the previous version until a fix has been released. Once you log in to the client portal, version 8.1.1.7 is available under the "Prior Releases" section on the right-hand side of the download page:

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this item.
          Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ageeholdings  
          Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes