Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Export Ninjascript as Non-Assembly

Hello,

When I try to export a Ninjascript Strategy file (Tools > Export > Ninjascript Add-on), I get an error message "Assembly could not be exported. Please ensure all required components are included."

I am not trying to export as a compiled assembly, so I'm not sure why it's giving me this error. I left the box unchecked for "Export as compiled assembly".

Shouldn't it just export the strategy I've selected without me having to "add components" manually?

Thanks

Hello beejinator,

Thanks for your post.

Depending on the other scripts you are using within your custom script you may need to add those files to the export when exporting your script.

If you are referencing a third-party addon in your script, you would need to include that third-party addon in the export window to export the script successfully.

If the indicator is available in source code, you could add the indicator to your export.

If the indicator is a dll, you could add a Reference to the dll in your export.

You could check the error message in the Log tab of the Control Center for any additional hints as to what might need to be added to the export.​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If my strategy is using standard indicators like VWAP, ATR, and RSI, shouldn't Ninjatrader be smart enough to just include those indicators if they have been used in the strategy? Or am I required to manually find and select those when exporting?

Comment

VWAP is not a standard indicator.

The 'Order Flow VWAP' indicator is standard, but only
        for people with certain licenses or addons -- even then
        this indicator does not come with source code.

Maybe that's your problem?

Comment

Hello beejinator,

Thanks for your notes.

To clarify, what version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.?.?.?)​

When exporting a strategy that uses the Order Flow VWAP, ATR, and RSI indicators, NinjaTrader will ask if you would like to add indicator files to the export upon exporting.

Click 'Yes' to include those files in the export so that is successfully exports.

Are you using any other indicators within the script?

If you manually add the System Indicators to the export does it successfully export?

If you are using any third-party addons, are you adding the third-party indicator or reference to the export?

If you are still having an issue with exporting the script, please share the .cs file of the script here so I may test exporting it on my end.

NinjaScript strategies are located in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies folder.
          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

bltdavid Thanks, that was it! It was referencing a custom VWAP indicator, completely forgot.

NinjaTrader_BrandonH Thanks for your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ChartTourist