Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not finishing compiling

Hello,

I have a longer code file which is sometimes not finishing to compile and not showing any error.

The animation in the left bottom corner is still animating also after 5 minutes and longer.

How can I debug this issue?

Kind regards
    Gerik
    Attached Files

Hello Gerik,

Thanks for your post.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.?.?.?)​

If you wait for a little while does the compilation in the NinjaScript Editor window eventually finish?

I look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Brandon,

the version is 8.1.2.1 64-bit.

Also after 30 minutes it does not finish. There does not appear the finish tone after compiling either.

It seems that I also have to use the task manager to stop NinjaTrader then.

Kind regards
      Gerik
      Last edited by Gerik; 12-21-2023, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Hello Gerik,

Thanks for your notes.

As a test, please create a clean environment, create a simple test script in the clean environment, and test compiling the simple test script.

Do you see the same behavior occurring when testing compiling a simple test script in a clean environment?

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
        1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD"
        2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall using the installer from account.ninjatrader.com
        3. Add the required indicators and test the template.
        If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.

For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.​

Our Development team is aware of extremely slow compile times for NinjaTrader 8.1.2.x and are looking into this. I have added your case as impact to this.

Once they have finished investigating this matter, I will update you with their findings.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 12-21-2023, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Hello Brandon,

I removed and reinstalled NinjaTrader according to your advise.

Unfortunately, there is no difference. Sometimes NinjaTrader is still not compiling, either.

Which version is the latest stable without the slow compile times? Should I go back to version 8.1.1.7?

Kind regards
          Gerik

Comment

Hello Brandon,

I removed 8.1.2.1 and installed 8.1.1.7.

Indeed this version is compiling fine and fast. Currently I could not recognize any problem regarding compilation with the previous version.

Kind regards
            Gerik

Comment

Hello Gerik,

Thanks for your notes.

As previously noted our Development team is aware of extremely slow compile times for NinjaTrader 8.1.2.x and is looking into this. I have added your case as impact to this so the Development team is aware.

Once they have finished investigating this matter, I will update you with their findings.​

Comment

I'm having the same compilation issues on 8.1.2.1. I will be following this thread. Let me know when the slow compilation problems are fixed. I want to upgrade my virtual machine to Windows Server 2019, but not until NT 8.1.2.x compilation is resolved.

Comment

Hello SilverSurfer1,

Thanks for your notes.

I have added your note as impact for the Development team to see.

Once they are finished investigating this matter I will update this forum thread with more information.

Comment

Same issue here from time to time since installing 8.1.2.0 was first time. Most of the time is not an issue but showed back up today.

I am assuming you can just exit while the compile continues. NO choice.but to End Task from Task manager

Saving the Workspace (which is generally a few seconds) also takes along time during this issue occurring
                    Last edited by DTSSTS; 01-10-2024, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for your notes.

Our Development team has informed us that a fix for slow compile times will be implemented in the next version release of NinjaTrader.

We do not have an ETA for when the next version will be released at this time.

Comment

YES OMG, 8.1.2.1 is whack dude
                        idk why they also added the IMPORT license key thing its so unreliable its not funny.
                        I will try downgrading and hopefully this stops this compilition BS

Comment

Bro you guys just made my night, ive been so p***sed all month thought iw as stuck on that atrocious update.
                          I mean no disrespect to ninja, but dude ive been coding 8 hours + a day in ninja all last year and as soon as that update hit ive had nothing but problems.
                          - problems with license key imports not actuating on startup.
                          - problems with windows idssapearing
                          - problems with compilations never compiling and just infinitely spinning.
                          - problems with strategy enabling freezing and overal ninja has just been crashing 1000X more and not an exagerattion.
                          on top of this, a year ago when i first started i was doing dumb stuff, now im more seasond and no im not overstepping so please have the team look into the issues.

now I can finally rest peacefully

Comment

I am having these same issues now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindset View Post
                              I am having these same issues now.
                              Bro dont even worry, just download the older ninja and its back to the good old days.
                              the newest build by ninja is on C# 6 or 7 i think but theres bugs so its not worth it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes