Collapse

Update to 8.1.2.1 "Ambiguity between Strategy.indicator and Strategy.indicator"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update to 8.1.2.1 "Ambiguity between Strategy.indicator and Strategy.indicator"

Hi,
    after the update i got this error for nearly "every" strategy or indicator stored? Every indicator has a Ambiguity with himself ( CS0229 )
    "Ambiguity between Strategy.indicator and Strategy.indicator" ....for some of them, many of them

and

"Ambiguity between SampleMACrossOver.Fast and SampleMACrossOver.Fast" .....on so on for many else

What does that mean?

Hello Triple_M,

Thanks for your post.

Are you seeing this error message in the NinjaScript Editor window after running a compile?

Or, is this a warning message you are seeing in Visual Studio?

If you open the Strategies folder and Indicators folder in the NinjaScript Editor window, do you see duplicates of the same files?

If you open a Windows File Explorer window, navigate to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom and check the Indicators and Strategies folders, do you see duplicate files listed?

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes in the NinjaScript Editor window after a compile, ....directly after restart, the Editor window was open

Comment

Hello Triple_M,

Thanks for your notes.

Please answer my other questions from post # 2, seen below, so I may accurately assist.

If you open the Strategies folder and Indicators folder in the NinjaScript Editor window, do you see duplicates of the same files?

If you open a Windows File Explorer window, navigate to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom and check the Indicators and Strategies folders, do you see duplicate files listed?​

Comment

No, no duplicates in both folder!

If, then I would have got the error earlier also, but it most something have to do with the update, before everything worked well

Comment

Hello Triple_M,

Thanks for your notes.

Please send a screenshot of the error messages in question so I may investigate this matter futher.
            • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
            • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
            ​I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

attached.... i think it is on "any" *.cs file

haven´t copied all lines, would be 5 or 6 pages
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Triple_M,

Thanks for that information.

Please try running a repair using the NinjaTrader installer to resolve the compile errors.

Follow the steps below to run a repair using the NinjaTrader installer.
                • Close NinjaTrader if you have it opened.
                • Download the NinjaTrader installer from this link
                  • account.ninjatrader.com
                • Once the installer is downloaded, run the NinjaTrader installer.
                • Click the Next button
                • Click the Repair button to run a repair.
                • After the repair is complete, exit the Installer
                • Restart NinjaTrader 8 and test to see if the errors persist.
                Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Done the repair,

on the first startup the message pops up, before starting first time "Unable to compile custom assemblies......." message.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik.png
Views:	140
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1281128​the error still persists

Comment

Hello Triple_M,

Thanks for your notes.

Since the repair did not resolve the error, please create a clean environment by following the steps below.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader so we can make sure that no files from the old version's back end may be causing conflicts.
                    • Close all running applications.
                    • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
                    • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
                    • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
                    • Reboot your PC.
                    • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.
                    • Once reinstalled, you will now have 2 NinjaTrader folders in your Documents, the old one and the new one. Open two file explorer windows and open the new one in one and the old one in another.
                    • Drag the following items from the old folder to the new one (folders should automatically merge)
                      • Config.xml and UI.xml
                      • Workspaces folder (if it asks to overwrite the _Workspaces.xml file, say yes)
                      • Templates folder (if it asks to overwrite anything, say no)
                      • db folder (you can overwrite any files in here)
                    • Once complete, restart NinjaTrader. You may get a few initial errors. Open a NinjaScript Editor and run a compile, then, if no additional errors are received, restart NinjaTrader and import any third party addons back onto the platform by going to Tools > Import > NinjaScript AddOn.
                    Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Thank you! it works. .... :-), no more errors, just updating the third party addons.

Regards
                      Peter

Comment

Hi Brandon,
                        to catch up this issue.......i installed a new indicator called ICTFVG and i got the same issue. The indicator itself works but once i try to compile anything many errors, CS0111, CS0102, CS0229​

I have done the procedure described above, but this time it dont works. .....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Errors020224.png
Views:	70
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1290732
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Triple_M; 02-10-2024, 04:34 AM.

Comment

....may be this is the source of the errors!!!

I did the procedure again, and now it works, the first attempt was one wrong step i did. ONCE the new NT is installed you have to open it one time and close it, and then thereafter you can move all the files.

But now ......i will install the third party add on´s and while the installation, there comes an error, could it be, that this is the reason for all these errors?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-10 120709.png Views:	0 Size:	8.1 KB ID:	1290737

it is there mentioned that the built in LinReg is a newer version as one in the Script, that comes in this case for many more built in indicators. But if i chose "No" then the third party indicator could not be installed.

Last edited by Triple_M; 02-10-2024, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Hello Triple_M,

Thanks for your notes.

The 'Error' message in the screenshot you shared occurs anytime you import a NinjaScript AddOn that uses and includes a system indicator.

The '@' symbol indicates that this is a system indicator that comes with NinjaTrader and you should never replace the existing file of a system indicator.

Anytime you import a NinjaScript AddOn and see a message asking if you would like to replace a system indicator that begins with '@', such as '@LinReg', select the 'No' button.

"But if i chose "No" then the third party indicator could not be installed."

If you select "No", do you see a different error message appearing? Is there an error message in the Log tab of the Control Center?

If so, what exactly does the error report so we may accurately assist you?

Also, please clarify if you programmed the ICTFVG addon you are trying to import or is this an addon created by a third-party developer?

If this is an addon from a third-party developer, I suggest reaching out to the third-party developer directly to get step by step instructions on how to successfully import the addon and report any errors that appear to the developer so they may look into the errors and provide you with further direction.

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Bidder
                            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM