What happened to vendor support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to vendor support

What's going on with vendor support? It was never great to begin with, and now it seems like NinjaTrader has completely lost interest in supporting its vendors.
    In the past, we used to receive beta versions to test our products, but it looks like that's been discontinued without any notice.

Does NinjaTrader have any regard for its vendors anymore? There's a lack of communication from them.
    For example. what's the plan for the web platform? Will vendors have the opportunity to develop and sell indicators for it?
    It appears that NinjaTrader's primary focus nowadays is attracting new traders without concern for their existing customers and vendors.

Another example. Customers are now contacting us, Telling us that there is a new version of NinjaTrader, and if it will affect the products they bought from us. What am I supposed to tell them? I didn't even know that a new version came out.. No idea if our products still work. guess so?

A very disappointed vendor
    Last edited by EB Worx; 11-30-2023, 09:51 AM.
    EB Worx
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EB Worx

Hello EB Worx,

Thanks for your notes.

If you have a question for the Vendor Support team you could write in to vendorsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and someone on the Vendor Support team would be happy to assist you as soon as they are available.

In regard to the NinjaTrader Web platform, at this time NinjaScripts created on NinjaTrader Desktop cannot be used on the NinjaTrader Web platform.

We are really excited to be able to offer custom coding on our Web platform soon!

Unfortunately, we do not have these resources and documentation completed quite yet.​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

@E B Worx - just a suggestion, in no way detracting from the point you make. If your customers know there is a new version release before you do, and NT aren’t (any longer) providing vendors with pre-release betas, does this suggest you are not subscribed to the new version release thread on the Forum?
      I can’t otherwise see how your customers would know of a new release before you. Take the latest 2.1 for example - I got an email about it a few days before the platform push notification I received yesterday.
      Just a thought, just trying to be helpful

Comment

Vendors like us need to get our hands on the latest software versions before regular customers do.
        Why? Because too many times in the past, new releases from NinjaTrader have messed up third-party indicators.
        We need pre-releases so we can test things out and fix any problems before our customers run into them.

Right now, the situation is pretty frustrating. We get hit with a new version, and suddenly, customers are complaining that the indicator they bought isn't working with the latest NinjaTrader release. Not a great way to run a business, if you ask me.

And it gets worse. This new version is causing us headaches.
        We can't export new versions of our indicators because NinjaTrader is now suddenly complaining that agile.net is outdated.

So now, we're stuck waiting on vendor support, unable to do anything in the meantime.
        If a customer now reports a bug, we can't fix it until we get this sorted out.
        It really makes you wonder how much NinjaTrader cares about its vendors and customers. Frustrating, to say the least!

Erwin
        Tradedevils Indicators
        EB Worx
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EB Worx

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
        45 responses
        3 likes
        Last Post johntraderuser2