NT 8.1.2.0 Ninjascript compiler freezes platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8.1.2.0 Ninjascript compiler freezes platform

I decided to try NT 8.1.2.0. I noticed right away that the Ninjascript compiler ran much slower. Then I noticed the compiler was freezing chart updates. Then I noticed I couldn't exit NT, but had to terminate it with Task Manager. Then I noticed Task Manager couldn't terminate NT, so I had to reboot. I tried reinstalling 8.1.2.0. Did not help.

So I decided to go back to 8.0.28.0. The process took longer than it should have. This is because NT 8.1.2.0 uninstaller said NT was still running, even though Task Manager showed no identifiable NT app running. So I had to reboot twice...once when I reinstalled 8.1.2.0 to try it again, and once more when I removed it for good.

I reinstalled 8.0.28. The compiler problem disappeared.

The whole process took about two hours this morning. In the meantime, the Nasdaq futures went up 200 points while I wrangled with software.

Needless to say, I won't be switching to NT 8.1 anytime soon.

Anticipated replies from forum support.:

1) We haven't heard of that problem, there must be something wrong with your setup.

2) There may be something wrong with your scripts that is causing the compiler to freeze your whole computer. We recommend deleting and re-writing them all from scratch. Do not reuse any old code.

3) Here is a browser link that doesn't work showing you how to fix this problem: http://pagenotfound.com

4) Why are you compiling scripts when the Nasdaq futures are going through the roof?

5) Is your PC plugged in?

Sigh. Monday is only three days away...

Hello gbourque,

This behavior has already been reported to the development team. The tracking ID for this item is NT-10898. Please refer to this ID when contacting support regarding this item. There is already a discussion in the following thread, which is also where we will post any updates to this item:
    Hello, I recently upgraded to 8.1.2.0 64-bit, and now every compile of custom indicator or strategy take 30-45 seconds, and sometimes when I have visual studio opened, it never finishes. I have to shut down Ninja, delete custom dll files and compile again. Previous version I used 8.0.28.0 64-bit or any other version never had

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks gbourque. Your post helped me solve my compiler issue that I couldn't get any support for, too. I had v8.1.1.7 tho. I uninstalled it and downgraded to 8.0.28.0 and that resolved it.

Comment

There is a bug in 8.1.2.0 such that it is possible to cause a cascading avalanche of recompiles that can be interpreted as the script editor's recompile never finishes. One way to trigger it is to save a bunch of files simultaneously e.g. save all from visual studio, or to copy a bunch of files into your Indicators folder from let's say a copy of some other machine's indicator folder. Either way, 8.1.2.0 becomes unresponsive for what seems like indefinitely. This has been documented in several other threads already.
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello Community,

This behavior has been corrected with 8.1.3.0.

See item 10898 in the release notes.

To update NinjaTrader
          • Shutdown all programs including NinjaTrader *important
          • Download NinjaTrader from the link below
            Click here to download NinjaTrader
          • Double click the downloaded file to execute it
          • Follow the on screen instructions
          • Restart NinjaTrader​
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse