Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Receiving trading signal from external services ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well as promised, I come back to you : OIF works like a charm with tradingview ! Next step will be to put all that on a VPS

Comment

Originally posted by Kabbalero
      What you wanna do is set up email alerts or webhooks from your trading view or personal programs. Once those signals ping you, NT8's got this cool feature where you can use its "Alerts" tab. Just go to "Tools," and you'll find it. From there, you can configure it to trigger actions based on those external signals. It might need a bit of tinkering, but it's doable. You can also use Immediate Edge for easier navigation of the trading market. Good luck!
      I looked at the URL you mentioned, but doesn't see much information. Could you please help me details on the approach you mentioned? Looking for TV webhook to NT integration with OIF method?

Comment

There is a chrome extension now that can automate tradingview alerts to NT8. Its called NinjaView. You can use either a webhook or a local server. Both options are built in and up to the user. The webhook option is hosted by ngrok. They provide you with a permanent domain for that.
        Last edited by tradingakamai; 10-06-2023, 04:32 AM.

Comment

I'm looking for a method to run strategies I develop in a notebook in python on NinjaTrader. I know there's a few methods. I tried hiring someone to run a python model via a docker container and use the REST API to get the signal generation into a basic script in NT8 but ultimately that project fell apart and my lack of C# has hindered the progress. I've been looking to see if someone could create a strategy that reads a command file in my IDE at regular intervals. Possibly using the RESTful API? Based on the commands read from the file, the script would execute trades on NT8. I don't know how to build that and haven't found anyone that knows all the tiny yet critical details of that. Does anyone have suggestions on how to feed the strategy live data in the notebook to generate the signal? That has been a major hurdle because Kinetick is $14 a month, CQG Continuum is $14 but any sort of live API data into the notebook seems to get astronomically expensive. Is it possible to send data from NT8 to my notebook where the python script is stored?

Then there's figuring out how the API call works and writing the general purpose strategy in NT8 that can handle taking the signals and translating them into live orders.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I've emailed NT and was told to check out their documentation. I get that they don't want to help with "unsupported" methods but when one of the features and benefits is supposed to be the large number of brokerages that are supported and the vast ecosystem of user created tools/features, it would be nice to get a bit more guidance and direction.

Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 10:57 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes