Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Receiving trading signal from external services ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiving trading signal from external services ?

Hello,

I research on this forum but didn't find what I was looking for.
    Is it possible to receive from an external service, by email, sms or webhook, order signals for NT8 ?

I indeed have some strategies from tradingview and personnal programs that I cannot convert to NT8.

Thanks !

Hello nitrojam,

Thanks for your post.

NinjaTrader has an Automated Trading Interface option for TradeStation. The TradeStation Email Interface is targeted toward individuals who are familiar with programming in EasyLanguage and want to run TradeStation strategies and automate order flow to any supported NinjaTrader broker.

See this help guide page for more information: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ntegration.htm

NinjaTrader does have an API available as a C# managed assembly which you might find helpful. Support for the API is very limited.

The Application Programming Interface (API) is available in the NinjaTrader.Client.dll (managed) file for you to use in an external application to interface with NinjaTrader.

Support for the API is limited from NinjaTrader Support. We are not able to assist with any code in an application external to NinjaTrader. We are able to detail the usage of any methods available from the API.

Below I am providing a publicly available link to the help guide that lists the functions available to the API.

Help Guide NT8 API functions - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._interface.htm

Help Guide NT7 API functions - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._interface.htm

Please also refer to this forum post link for more information about the NinjaTrader API — https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...art#post793626

On the forum, you can ask other developers in the community if anyone has tips for unsupported external application code.​

If you need someone to convert the strategies for you on your behalf, you can contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script.

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...mming-services

Educators - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...ures=education

You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the feedback ! Tradingview has a email alert option : would it be possible to configure the email and email content to work similalry to TradeStation ?

Comment

Hello nitrojam,

Thanks for your notes.

No, NinjaTrader does not have an Email Interface option available for Tradingview.

If you would like me to submit a feature request to the Development team for you, please let me know and I will be happy to do so.

Comment

Hi ! Indeed, I think it could be good for other people indeed : email interface or webhook interface would be awesome !

Comment

Hello nitrojam,

Thanks for your notes.

I have submitted your feature request to the Development team to take into consideration. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-6048.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Superb ! The email interface only work with Tradestation ? we cannot send an email manually with the right typo ?

Comment

Hello nitrojam,

Thanks for your notes.

That is correct, the TradeStation Email Interface will only work with TradeStation.

More information about this feature could be found on this help guide page: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ntegration.htm

Comment

If you are familiar with proxy servers (that can log http requests) for http you could:
                  1. Have your TradingView client connect to the proxy server which logs the request (and you can view the request format)
                  2. Write your own interface that converts the Trading View format to a NT API call

I have not attempted this as I've had no need to do so.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank for the reply.

I do have a python program (with Flask and Ngrok) that can receive an alert from Tradingview and parse it. However I'm not sure that I can use a python program to work with the NT API, can I ?

Another way I'm exploring is from my python program, directly create a file and using the OIF interface of NT, which would be (normally) minimal effort to implement in my program and should work as well ?

What do you think ?

Comment

Originally posted by nitrojam View Post
                      Another way I'm exploring is from my python program, directly create a file and using the OIF interface of NT, which would be (normally) minimal effort to implement in my program and should work as well ?

What do you think ?
                      Most excellent!

Comment

I'll try and let you know how it is going ! But the direct implementation from Tradingview remain on the go as it will help a lot of trader !

Comment

Originally posted by nitrojam View Post
                          I'll try and let you know how it is going ! But the direct implementation from Tradingview remain on the go as it will help a lot of trader !
                          I have it set up where I trade in TradingView and the trades get copied to NinjaTrader automatically. Here's how to do it:

1. Need a tradovate login for Tradingview. For this I pay for an Apex Tradovate account, but I think you'd also be able to just open up a demo tradovate account directly as well and it would suffice.
                          2. Log into your tradovate account in TradingView
                          3. Get Replikanto trade copier. Replikanto can copy trades that are placed from Tradingview on the tradovate account into any and all accounts connected in NinjaTrader
                          4. Connect to the same tradovate account in NinjaTrader. Any trades placed in TradingView auto show up in NinjaTrader
                          5. Set up Replikanto to have that Tradovate account as the leader, so it can copy your TradingView trades into any other connected NinjaTrader account. You can connect Rithmic accounts, NT self funded brokerage accounts, etc.

Ninja mobile trader VPS actually helped me set the whole thing up and taught me about it, and I love it, very rock solid trade copying setup. Have been using it daily for about 1 month now, the copying is flawless.

I've got the NinjaTrader + Replikanto + Rithmic accounts running on my VPS and it acts like an always on trade copier. So I just trade directly through TradingView, with my TradingView strategies, and know that my trades are automatically being copied to all my Rithmic prop accounts in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hi, many thanks for these tips that will be very helpful for a lot of us.

However, in my case, it will not work : indeed, I want to use a strategy in tradingview to place the orders and manage the trades and you can only place order manually with Tradovate on Tradingview, not automatically with strategies (at least from what I am aware of !).

I will for sure keep this tip in mind when I will have multiple funded account (one day, I hope ) !

Comment

If I had the choice, I would personally create a Telegram bot that allows me or trading platform to send text signals like "ES BUY THIS BAR HIGH," and other trading platforms could receive and execute such signals. Latency might be an issue for some, but it wouldn't be an issue for me. I prefer to avoid crazy systems where even a few seconds can significantly impact performance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 10:57 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes