Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persistent Live Connection Issues Despite High-Speed Stable Internet

Hello NinjaTrader Technical Support and Community,

I'm facing a vexing issue with my NinjaTrader 8.1.1.6 64-bit live connection over the past week. Despite having an ultra-fast and stable 1GBit download and 100Mbit upload fiber internet connection (which, I should note, has not experienced a single connection loss since I switched over a year ago), my NinjaTrader link has been disconnecting multiple times daily (approximately 2-5 times) while my automated strategies are running. When trying to reconnect, I am confronted with the error message: "Live: an error occurred while sending the request. (Logon failed)."

Here are the troubleshooting measures I've already undertaken:
    1. Flushing DNS: After reading some older threads, I flushed my DNS cache. However, this hasn't solved the problem.
    2. Firewall Exceptions: I added the NinjaTrader 8 folder from the Documents directory to my firewall exceptions, thinking this might be a potential solution. Still, the issue remained unresolved.
    3. Restarting Modem/Router: This was a temporary respite. Initially, restarting helped, but recently, even this doesn't always assure a reconnection.

This connection instability, while not new, has increased both in frequency and severity in recent days. The stakes are high for me: after dedicating a year to developing strategies, these disruptions have meant lost trading opportunities and potential profits.

Considering the robustness of my internet connection, I suspect there might be a deeper issue with the platform or perhaps the connection with NinjaTrader servers.

Could the support team or community members who've faced (and hopefully resolved) similar problems shed some light on potential solutions or further troubleshooting steps? Your guidance would be invaluable at this juncture.

Thank you for your time and support.

Warm Regards, Aviram Y.

Hello Aviram Y,

Thank you for posting.

Is your PC going into Sleep or Hibernation mode? If so, this can cause connection issues within the platform therefore suggest changing your PC Power Options to Never go into Sleep or Hibernation mode.

Next turning off any VPN Network Software if currently running on your PC.

Lastly, ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power with the steps below:
    • Right-click on your Start button
    • Select 'Device Manager'
    • Expand 'Network Adapters'
    • Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
    • Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
    • Click 'OK' to save the changes
    • Do this for all Network Adapters​
    ​Please let me know if the issue persists after these procedures.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Update: I changed my DNS address to Google's public DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). As of now, this seems to have resolved the disconnection issues I was facing with NinjaTrader.

However, I'll be closely monitoring the situation for another day and will provide an update here tomorrow on whether the connectivity remains stable or if the problem resurfaces. While this change has provided relief for the time being, my goal is to establish a permanent solution. If anyone has more insights or recommendations to ensure the stability of the connection long-term, I'd greatly appreciate it.

For anyone using Windows 10:
      1. Open Control Panel.
      2. Go to Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
      3. Right-click your active connection (e.g., Wi-Fi or Ethernet) and select Properties.
      4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
      5. Choose "Use the following DNS server addresses" and input your desired DNS addresses, whether its Google(8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4), or cloud flare(1.1.1.1).
      6. Click OK, then Close. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
      ​​

Thank you for the continued support.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
        Hello Aviram Y,

Thank you for posting.

Is your PC going into Sleep or Hibernation mode? If so, this can cause connection issues within the platform therefore suggest changing your PC Power Options to Never go into Sleep or Hibernation mode.

Next turning off any VPN Network Software if currently running on your PC.

Lastly, ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power with the steps below:
        • Right-click on your Start button
        • Select 'Device Manager'
        • Expand 'Network Adapters'
        • Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
        • Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
        • Click 'OK' to save the changes
        • Do this for all Network Adapters​
        ​Please let me know if the issue persists after these procedures.
        Thanks for the quick reply!
        My PC is never in hibernation mode or anything related, I'm always at the highest performance settings for various reasons besides NinjaTrader.
        No Vpn aswell.
        And I've toggled off the power conserve option for all the adapters as-well, just forgot to mention it and it did not help.
        Last edited by Aviram Y; 08-09-2023, 09:24 AM.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ​, So it happened again, the solution for now is to reset the router again but this isn't a real solution.

What can i do?
          Looking forward to your support! thanks again.

Comment

Are you currently connected using a wireless connection, thru a router or directly to your modem? If you are not connected directly to your modem please shut down your PC, connect directly to your modem then test once again.

Comment

I'm connected directly to my modem with a cat6e ethernet cable to my desktop pc, always have been.

Comment

So I may look into this further please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box for "Log and trace files".

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                  So I may look into this further please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box for "Log and trace files".

Thanks in advance.
                  I've sent the mail, thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Aviram Y View Post

I've sent the mail, thanks again!
                    Was the problem solved? I would love to know because I have similar issues and only Ninjatrader is effected

Comment

I am also curious as I've been plagued by these issues and am losing a lot of Money due to these connection problems. I am at a point where its more feasible to migrate to a new platform unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by arjandezeeuw View Post

Was the problem solved? I would love to know because I have similar issues and only Ninjatrader is effected
                        Even the recent update doesn't solve the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Bidder
                        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes