Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Unable to connect to the remote server (Logon failed)"

Evening,

I am having an issue on my home computer which I had a couple weeks prior on my office computer. I run the newest version of NT8 8.1.1.7. When I try to log on i get the same error message for both live and simulation stating "Unable to connect to the remote server (Logon failed)". When i remotely log in to my office computer and test my log in, that computer logs in fine for both live and simulation so i know my credentials are not the issue. But when i log off and try my home computer the same issue repeats. previously when i had this issue i follow the instruction from support to do the following:
    • Close all running applications.
    • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
    • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
    • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Once these steps are completed, please log in to your dashboard and download and install NT8:
    ​it worked on my office computer, but this time it is not fixing the issue. Furthermore, i have tried to repair program and that is not fixing the issue either. I have also comepletely rebooted the network before reinstalling that did nothing. I am out of solutions. any help is appreciated.

Hello iplaymuzik,

Thank you very much for your post.

Could you send us your log & trace files? We could then best you assist further.

To do this, please follow the steps below:
    • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the following email:
      • support (at) ninjatrader (dot) com
    • Please include a brief "ATTN Manfred" note in the email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders
    Thanks in advance; I look forward to your email!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This has been SENT. the issue went away randomly after about 60 mins the night i made this post. but now experiencing the issue again on my office computer.

Comment

In past month I have some problems to login to Kinetick and later some days, without do anything the problems is solved... but today the problem happened again-.
        Some one try connect to Kinetick free EOD from europe? You similar problems?
        Thanks
        Last edited by jmagaia; 06-27-2023, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Hello jmagaia,

While it is always possible that a major connection fails, resulting in disconnects or connection issues, we are not aware of any widespread issues at this time.

Do you have the option to test this with a VPN to see if this might indeed be a limitation of your specific ISP, e.g. because their systems are down?

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!

Comment

Thank you NinjaTrader_Manfred​,

Thank you for your suggestions but in two days it is not possible to connect but after a and now, it is all ok.
            Very strange, because it is the second time this year.
            In past years never happened this... many years with Ninja v7

Thanks
            Jose

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
            Hello jmagaia,

While it is always possible that a major connection fails, resulting in disconnects or connection issues, we are not aware of any widespread issues at this time.

Do you have the option to test this with a VPN to see if this might indeed be a limitation of your specific ISP, e.g. because their systems are down?

Comment

Hello MikailuIbrahim and jmagaia,

Thank you very much for your reply!

We are not aware of any connection issues on our end. Based on the few reports we have received so far, they would have been caused by a general connection issue in this area, e.g. if the ISP you connect to has issues on their end.

It is important to understand that we have no control over the connection itself outside of our own server. However, connection issues are often widespread and can affect several clients in the same geographical region.

If you still experience any connection issues at this time, please send us a message at support (at) ninjatrader (dot) com, we can then best assist you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post AaronKoRn  
              Started by carnitron, Yesterday, 08:42 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes