X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
    Hello mdocor,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

I will report the connection losses to our development to see if there are any improvements that can be made in the connection adapter.

Regarding the Break EOD, what bar type are you using?
    Does this occur with a 120 Minute bar on a newly opened chart?
    Yes! It happens with range bars, minutes, ticks , everything you said.

I´ve tried to reinstall. No effects. Erase the cache folder too. Same..

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello FMtrader,

Internet latency can vary over time with any ISP, however latency will already be much much higher when a long distance from the servers. It takes time for the information to travel back and forth.

If this is an on-going issue, you could try a different ISP, but I think a VPS would likely be the best solution.
      I have tested my internet latency to twenty different capital cities all around the globe including the USA and it is stable and consistent. I use a major ISP provider in Australia with well established hardware and have been a customer of them for many years with minimal issues. Everything points to the fact that this is probably an issue at NinjaTrader's end as something has changed recently. I don't use Tradovate but I am using 8.1.1.5.

Comment

Hello mdocor,

I'm testing on my end and I am seeing the Break EOD having the correct effect.

Below is a link to a video of the test.

If the behavior you are seeing is different than what is shown in the video I would like to schedule a call with you so that I may have a look on your end.
        Please send an email to support [at] ninjatrader.com, and please include a link to this forum thread.

FMtrader,

Connection losses can occur and are caused by high latency to the NinjaTrader servers. The connection loss happens once a response from the servers is over an internally set number of milliseconds. If a connection loss occurred, this means that response was not received in the threshold time and NinjaTrader pauses to re-establish that connection and ensure there is communication happening.

When there are many NinjaTrader users reporting disconnections at the same time this lets our team know that there is an issue with our servers or with the connection adapter.

Currently, we are not seeing wide spread reports of connection losses from our user base, though we are watching for further reports after the 2 reports in this forum thread.

I have sent a request to our development to see if any improvements can be made with the NinjaTrader connection type adapter, as mentioned in post # 12.

You can view the changes to each release in the release notes to see what areas of the platform have been changed.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses