Connection lost every minute!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection lost every minute!

Hi, since yesterday I been getting this annoying bug where my connection is lost and connects again automatiically every 1-5mins...

I'm using a Tradovate connection...

Is this a known issue? or how can I fix this! ??

Attached Files

Same here. Not every single minute, but quite frequent.

Comment

Hello Prizax,

Our team is not seeing reports of outages, and I am able to connect with a steady connection on my end.

This may indicate a localized issue with the computer, router, modem, or ISP.

Below is a link to a forum post on connection losses.
      I think I'm having a problem with my data provider. I dont know if it's an NT8 problem or a TDA problem actually. Some days, the data stream just stops updating. NT8 still thinks it is connected, but no stock data, or any visible data is coming in. If I disconnect, and reconnect I again start getting data. If this is a NT8

May I confirm you are updated to the latest release 8.1.1.5?

Are you located in the US?

Please try turning off the modem and router for 30 seconds, and restart the computer.

Does the behavior persist?
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB I had a similar issue. I wouldn't call it an "outage". It was happening sporadically since Sunday night. I was using 8.1.1.5, and a Tradovate connection through Apex Trader Funding. It would just say "connection lost" randomly. It would usually reconnect almost immediately. Sometimes it took a little longer. But this continued throughout Monday morning.

Comment

I have experienced the same issue in Australia. On one occasion I estimated that I got 20 "connection lost' messages in an hour yet the data kept on flowing and the charts kept updating. The problem has occurred on two or three days in the last 6 days. I am running 8.1.1.5

Comment

Hello FMtrader,

Australia is distant from the servers in Chicago and is likely high latency.

While I would still recommend following the steps from the forum post on connection losses linked in post # 3 to see if that has any improvement, if it doesn't you may want to look into a VPS located near Chicago. (I'm aware of speedytradingservers being near Chicago).

Comment

Are you using a VPN? I was having that when my VPN was active. If yes on VPN try for a while without VPN.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                Hello FMtrader,

Australia is distant from the servers in Chicago and is likely high latency.

While I would still recommend following the steps from the forum post on connection losses linked in post # 3 to see if that has any improvement, if it doesn't you may want to look into a VPS located near Chicago. (I'm aware of speedytradingservers being near Chicago).
                I have been using NT7/NT8 for decades and this is the first time I have ever had multiple "connection lost" messages only minutes apart. It has only occurred in the last week and I notice a number of other people having the same exact issue recently. Usually I don't have latency issues so it would appear to me that something has changed in the last week. I am not using a VPN and I really don't want to use a VPS if I don't have to because that raises a whole new series of issues with 3rd party indicator licensing.

Comment

Hello FMtrader,

Internet latency can vary over time with any ISP, however latency will already be much much higher when a long distance from the servers. It takes time for the information to travel back and forth.

If this is an on-going issue, you could try a different ISP, but I think a VPS would likely be the best solution.

Comment

Same here. South america. Tested everything. Modem, cables, other platforms, other computers, Friday night, so many connection losses. Each 90 seconds. Throughout the weekend also (market is closed, i know) but i´ve been testing ninja for quite some time and i´ve never had any issues until now

This version 8.1.1.5 is not stable. For instance i can´t remove the BREAK AT EOD bar no matter what. It´s annoying.

Unfortunately i lost the older versions.

On monday ninja became rock solid again, and today happened again, two times.

I can´t download and use the 8...0.28.. version. Login and password doesn´t work and i´m not the first one to complain about it.

Please guys take a closer look on these issues;

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB This does not seem to be a latency issue, with multiple users reporting the same thing. For what it's worth, I am using a VPS in Chicago with <5ms latency. I also had never experienced this kind of numerous "connection lost"+ immediate reconnect before. I've had lost connections of course, but never this many in such a short period of time, and never immediately regaining connection right after losing it.

It would seem this would be related to Tradovate and/or 8.1.1.5.

Comment

Hello mdocor,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

I will report the connection losses to our development to see if there are any improvements that can be made in the connection adapter.

Regarding the Break EOD, what bar type are you using?
                        Does this occur with a 120 Minute bar on a newly opened chart?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                          Hello Prizax,

Our team is not seeing reports of outages, and I am able to connect with a steady connection on my end.

This may indicate a localized issue with the computer, router, modem, or ISP.

Below is a link to a forum post on connection losses.
                          I think I'm having a problem with my data provider. I dont know if it's an NT8 problem or a TDA problem actually. Some days, the data stream just stops updating. NT8 still thinks it is connected, but no stock data, or any visible data is coming in. If I disconnect, and reconnect I again start getting data. If this is a NT8

May I confirm you are updated to the latest release 8.1.1.5?

Are you located in the US?

Please try turning off the modem and router for 30 seconds, and restart the computer.

Does the behavior persist?

Been using NT for almost 1 year, never had this problem before, I'm from Mexico and did several tests and validations the problem was not from my side... happened during last sunday and monday.

Yesterday also contacted my broker support and they did confirmed it that Tradovate was aware of the issue.

I'm using 8.1.1.1, since today the connection issue looks like its been resolved now for me.

Comment

yawn yawn. Same old same old. The evidence says one thing, the response: 'it's not us'.

Comment

Hello,
                              Just would like to add that I heard Tradovate was having issues recently, I'm sure that is not the cause of everyone's issue but might be helpful

Trade well everyone

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                              4 responses