Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT does not reconnect after internet connection loss, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT does not reconnect after internet connection loss, why?

Every time the internet connection drops I have first disconnect, then reconnect manually otherwise I see red or amber icon. Why connection cannot restore itself automatically?

Hello unfinishedsweet,

That depends on the type of connection loss that happened. If a full disconnect from the internet happened you would need to manually reconnect after the connection is restored. The platform has some ability to handle short connection losses and times where there is a large latency which results in only a loss of connection to the broker/data provider. If your internet provider has a disconnect, if the PC has a loss of network or if your router is having a problem maintaining connection to the internet the platform will see as a full disconnect which requires manual steps to reconnect.

If this is a common problem I would suggest to gather some details about the situation to find the source of the problem. For example does your whole PC loose internet or just NinjaTrader? If you are using a wireless connection you can try to use a wired connection to see if that helps with the disconnects. Syncing the PC clock can also help in case it ts not in sync that may cause disconnects.

If your internet provider or network equipment is having problems staying connected you may need to reach out to your internet provider for a solution to keep a constant internet connection.

After learning more about the connection loss that is happening if you find that only NinjaTrader is having disconnects you can use the Help -> Email to support so that our support team can review your log and trace files to see if anything can be done to avoid that.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by unfinishedsweet View Post
      Every time the internet connection drops I have first disconnect, then reconnect manually otherwise I see red or amber icon. Why connection cannot restore itself automatically?
      Are you with Apex?

I noticed this about the Apex connection,
      where as Leeloo comes back immediately.

Apex has their own Rithmic server ...

Comment

This problem happens every single day. I now run ninja on windows server in a data center with ultra fast, super reliable connection. With Bulenox/Rithmic I lose connection multiple times every day and the software does not reconnect. Annoyingly, when I manually disconnect and reconnect, the new connection is established immediately. Why cannot it reconnect itself automatically? I run SierraCharts with rithnic on the same server with tens of charts and never had a single problem. With NT and two charts I get nothing else but issues. Application freezes and losing connection for now reason.

Comment

Hello unfinishedsweet,

If you are having connection issues multiple times a day I would suggest to first check with your server provider to check if they are having some kind of difficulty. If that is not the case you can use the platforms help -> email support option to connect with the support team to further review this. Please make sure that you are using the latest version of NinjaTrader and include your log and trace files along with a short description of the problem.

If you are seeing other problems such as freezing that may be due to third party items, a good way to test that would be to do a clean install where none of your previous data is being used to check if the platform continues to have problems. If a third party item is causing some kind of freezing issue that is a situation which may cause connection issues and you would need to either restart the platform or manually reconnect if that happened.

To do a clean install you can download the installer and then rename the documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder to NinjaTrader 8 Old. After doing that run the installer and that will create a new empty user folder which you can use for testing. To go back to the old data exit the platform and then you can remove the new NinjaTrader 8 folder and then rename NinjaTrader 8 Old back to NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
            Hello unfinishedsweet,

If you are having connection issues multiple times a day I would suggest to first check with your server provider to check if they are having some kind of difficulty. If that is not the case you can use the platforms help -> email support option to connect with the support team to further review this. Please make sure that you are using the latest version of NinjaTrader and include your log and trace files along with a short description of the problem.

If you are seeing other problems such as freezing that may be due to third party items, a good way to test that would be to do a clean install where none of your previous data is being used to check if the platform continues to have problems. If a third party item is causing some kind of freezing issue that is a situation which may cause connection issues and you would need to either restart the platform or manually reconnect if that happened.

To do a clean install you can download the installer and then rename the documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder to NinjaTrader 8 Old. After doing that run the installer and that will create a new empty user folder which you can use for testing. To go back to the old data exit the platform and then you can remove the new NinjaTrader 8 folder and then rename NinjaTrader 8 Old back to NinjaTrader 8.
            Hi Jesse,

I think the problem is with NT, Im having similar problems as unfinishedsweet​ , but not so often. Today I had a disconnection with NT "live" connection (is it CQG with tradovate?). And last week the same problem on another account. Both on VPS. 8.1.2.1 64-bit

Since I got similar problems last month, I am monitoring the connection, and both vps has not lost connection as it is pinging every 10 seconds. At most a microcut. But when I came to see the screen, the connection was red, the chart was updating candles, but the strategy was off (since the connection did not turn green). Then I connected it manually and that's it. But the truth is that this is a big problem because the strategies are going to stop working.

same here:https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...onnection-loss
            Attached Files
            Last edited by rocker84; 04-08-2024, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Hello rocker84,

Besides syncing the PC clock you will likely need to write into support for further assistance on this.

The next time you see a disconnect note the time it happened and then use the platforms help -> email support option. Ensure the log and trace files are checked. Let us know that you are having disconnects and you note the time of the disconnect in the comment box

That will connect you with the support team who can further review this

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
                Hello rocker84,

Besides syncing the PC clock you will likely need to write into support for further assistance on this.

The next time you see a disconnect note the time it happened and then use the platforms help -> email support option. Ensure the log and trace files are checked. Let us know that you are having disconnects and you note the time of the disconnect in the comment box

That will connect you with the support team who can further review this
                Could we investigate today's connection outage? According to the log it started at 11:01 but I saw it at 12:30
                Let me know if I should start support from the same platform, along with log and trace. Thanks

Comment

Hello rocker84,

Yrs you can you would need to use the platforms email to support option to email the support team with your log and trace files attached.

Comment

Originally posted by unfinishedsweet View Post
                    new update, it seems they solve it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Touch-Ups  
                    Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
                    8 responses
                    0 likes