Ever since I upgraded to 8.1.1.3 NT refuses to load up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello GeorgeSam,

If they were only getting blank emails that may be due to how you are replying. Make sure that when you reply to an email you type your reply at the top of the email. There is a divider in the email and if you type below that the email will be blank. You can also send an email directly to support[at]ninjatrader.com if you have a case number to include that will be linked with the original case.

We would need to work with you through email on this so we can review the log and trace files or remote into the machines to collect more information. At this point we can't fix anything because we don't know what problem you are having. The event viewer logs don't provide any specific info that helps to identify what's happening.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

backtester831 I would like to just clear something up I have never had this kind of issue with ver 8.0.28 or any previous versions. This has only occured since Ninja trader has decided to do the latest update to 8.1, using a VPS or not.

Thank you I will have a look into ninjamobiletrader vps and see what they offer but I still dont see how that will solve my solution of why the desktop version gives error messages when trying to login

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jesse they did receive the log and trace files, the only time I was told the email was blank was when I requested for a 2nd opinion and a supervisor to review my ticket, anyway enough of that.

I will attempt to try and upgrade and also attempt the advice you have given to Brenton before I attempt to contact Support again 1 more time

Thank you
        George

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeSam View Post
          backtester831 I would like to just clear something up I have never had this kind of issue with ver 8.0.28 or any previous versions. This has only occured since Ninja trader has decided to do the latest update to 8.1, using a VPS or not.

Thank you I will have a look into ninjamobiletrader vps and see what they offer but I still dont see how that will solve my solution of why the desktop version gives error messages when trying to login
          I hear you, this forum is full of threads about troubleshooting 8.1
          I was just saying that I'm not having any trouble at all with 8.1 on my ninjamobiletrader vps, they manage the environment very nicely.

For your desktop version, that's a tough one because there's millions of permutations of windows environments, software, hardware, etc. so you're probably going to need an expert to remote into your desktop to troubleshoot if you get stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by backtester831 View Post

I hear you, this forum is full of threads about troubleshooting 8.1
            I was just saying that I'm not having any trouble at all with 8.1 on my ninjamobiletrader vps, they manage the environment very nicely.

For your desktop version, that's a tough one because there's millions of permutations of windows environments, software, hardware, etc. so you're probably going to need an expert to remote into your desktop to troubleshoot if you get stuck.
            Thanks you

Comment

Hello All,
              In good faith I tried what was recommending but it didnt work failing the way I expected given Microsoft notice, below.

Jesse thanks for the help much appreciated but in the end this is my business so I have rolled back to 8.0.28.0 and I am back to trading. Happy to see any notes from NT backend support on how they figure this can work but beyond that I need business certainty

At least I dont have to login, respond to the the question Live of Demo for those folks who cant manage to keep track of what account they are in and back to fast startups. The release also has the ca.pem certificates released as past of 8.1.1.4 so thats a relief and YEAH HAA! my performance reports have gone back to seeing my trades thank god for small mercies.

Best wishes to all

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	15.9 KB ID:	1250811​
              Last edited by brenton; 05-11-2023, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Massinisa  
              Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Creamers