Ever since I upgraded to 8.1.1.3 NT refuses to load up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever since I upgraded to 8.1.1.3 NT refuses to load up

Ever since I upgraded to 8.1.1.3 NT refuses to load up. If i install back 8.0.27.1 it works just fine. Every time I try and contact [email protected], it take a day or 2 to reply and then I have to wait for another day or 2 for another reply with no useful information on how to solve it. What has happened to the infamous support you guys used to offer?

anyways rant over can someone tell me why after entering my password (which is annoying to do every time) in NT does it not load up at all
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	676
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1245748

When I go to my event log I get these 2 error messages

Views:	668
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	1245746Click image for larger version

Views:	653
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	1245747​​

And please do not tell me my windows is corrupted or any of that junk because after been told that via email, I did a clean instillation on windows and made no difference and it doesn't explain why the previous version will work every time I load it but this version wont​​​​

Hello GeorgeSam,

From the event viewer information there are really no details on what the problem may be. In this case we would need to review the log and trace files and possibly look up your account to verify the correct user id and password are being used. If no other error is being presented directly in the login screen there would not be any detail here that I could provide a specific solution for.

To include your log and trace files you can use the windows explorer to zip the folders Documents\NinjaTrader 8\log and Documents\NinjaTrader 8\trace and then attach those zips to your email.

You can try doing a clean install which would involve moving your existing user data in case some part of that is causing a problem, I will put those steps below. Contacting support[at]ninjatraer.com would be the best course of action here so we can better assist. We generally have a same day turn around on a first reply, you can speed up that process by including your log and trace files in your initial inquiry along with the screenshots you provided here so that gets to the correct department.

To do a clean install:
    1. Use the windows add remove programs menu to uninstall NinjaTrader
    2. Open the documents folder
    3. Rename NinjaTrader 8 to NinjaTrader 8 Old
    4. Re install the platform using the installer from the client portal.

Doing this process generates a new user data folder with all new files, in case something was in the old user data that is causing a crash that should fix that problem.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,

Thank for your reply and I have just sent them over. It looks like no matter who I speak to is it telling me its the other persons problem. The person via support at ninjatrader com has told me its a windows issue and need to get a PC Technician to fix it as its a registry issue, The technician has come and cant find any registry issues running all the scans and even did a clean installation of windows and only installed NT to have the same issue

I have asked the person via the support email why the old version will work but the new onw wont and keep telling me its a registry issue and I am struggling to understand how can it be. Shouldn't it effect NT no matter what version I install?

btw I have done the . old and even deleted those folder as i did a backup before reinstalling windows and nothing changed

Comment

Hello GeorgeSam,

I wouldn't be able to say if the issue with the registry should cause a problem on all versions of the platform, that's not something our support could detail. The newest version includes a lot of changes surrounding the new user portal and login system so its possible that some problem with the PC affects only one version which uses different resources than the last version. if you are having a registry problem or a problem with windows in general that is really outside of what our support can solve and would require a PC tech to fix that.

I would still suggest to open another case to confirm they reach the same result, if so then the course of action is to see a PC tech or reinstall/restore windows to fix the windows problem.

Comment

Hello Jesse,

I will open another case and give it 1 more try,

I understand what you saying here but the fact that a reinstallation on windows 10 has occurred and the only software that was installed was NinjaTrader as soon as windows was loaded, to still have the same issue baffles me to how can it be a computer/windows/registry issue

Thank you

Comment

Hello GeorgeSam,

If that's what you did then you need to let support know you have a fresh install of windows in the email. I have no details on what you previously had discussed in your inquiry so I really couldn't comment on that registry issue.

You can either reply to your existing case to re open it or send in a new request. A new request in the same day may be merged with the existing case if it was still open, if that happens or If you think that the answer given is not correct feel free to ask for a second opinion or a team lead to review the ticket.

Our support model tries very hard to solve all issues and we don't want to leave you hanging so sometimes asking for a second opinion can lead to a more in depth search for a solution.

As mentioned if it was specifically found that windows has some issue, even in a clean windows install and we re confirm, that would be out of what we can help with. If a PC tech is needed to correct something in the windows install that may be necessary, if that is the case you can certainly ask support to detail what specific issue was found so you can relay that to a PC tech.

Comment

Hello All,
              This is also occurring in 8.1.1.5 my system is down I cant trade. I have:

1. Tried 3 times
              2. Reviewed the Event Log, NT Trace and Log files each time
              3. Rebooted between try 2 and 3
              4. Got the MS Program Install/Uninstall. checked the install, Uninstalled and reinstalled all with no luck
              5. I also tried NT Safe Mode as with normal Mode it failed at the "Unhandled exception: A task was cancelled entry. Only NT Safe Mode didnt give the network Using IS (XXXXX/31658)

I am running Windows 10 latest patch release 32 GB of memory

The following Event Logs are what i am seeing

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	196.2 KB ID:	1250445​

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	302.5 KB ID:	1250446​
              Last edited by brenton; 05-08-2023, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Hello All,
                Further info an Info message from Windows Error Reporting. I am getting the attached files and will add them in to see if they add any value

Views:	563
Size:	515.6 KB
ID:	1250451​

Comment

Hello Brenton,

My advice to you is to revert back to ver 8.0.28 if you wish to continue to trade with NT or move to another platform, because you will not get any resolve out of NT support.

I spent almost 2 weeks trying to get this resolved and all I got from support was "related to a local PC issue and not a NinjaTrader issue, " & "reach out to a PC technician for this error" and I am the only person who as reported, even though at that time there was 3 other people that was having the same issue.

I even went as far as completely formatting my computer and reinstalling windows 10 and even tried windows 11 facing the same issue. I even tried installing NT on 3 different computers to find that I got the same issue. I reported all that to support with all the logs suggested to be told the same thing. I even told NT support if it is a windows corruption how come it is only effects Ninja trader and no other software that I have Installed , but again I got the same usual response from them.

since I was not getting anywhere with NT support, someone customer service on here (could have been Jesse) said I should ask the person from Ninja trader support for a 2nd opinion and for a supervisor to review my ticket and as soon as I did that, my ticket got closed down.

I hope you have better luck then me, but I wont hold my breath on getting it resolved

Comment

Hello brenton,

The only other solution that I could provide over the forum would be to make sure you have the .net 4.8 targeting pack installed, you can find that in the following link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/d...-web-installer

If that does not help we are going to need to help you though our support email on this one. We will need to look at your log and trace files to get a better idea of the system you are using and check for problems. We may need to also schedule a remote session with you if we cannot resolve the problem through email. As we cannot request your log files to be attached to the forum we would need to have you write into support using help -> Email support with log and trace files checked.

I noticed you both replied around midnight my time which would be outside of our normal support hours, if you write into support the business hours are M-F 7am - 4pm eastern time. Keep this in mind, if you send an email in outside of hours it will be awhile before you get an initial response as that will only get read once the support team is in the office.

GeorgeSam, If you have existing support cases that are unresolved please reply to those emails to report that they are unresolved. We can only help to resolve an issue fully if you let us know that it is still not working. You can request a remote session or a different representative if you feel the case is not making progress. As mentioned earlier in this thread our support are not PC techs so if it is deemed a PC problem that we cannot fix we will let you know that so you can get a PC tech to repair the pc. If you have a problem that spans multiple PC's that may be related to software you are using or some other common item between those computers. You would have to include that detail with your email so that we can get a better idea of what may be happening in your unique situation.

Comment

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the response

That is an interesting solution .Net is an integral part of the Windows OS so if I am right we are talking about rolling back possible OS updates or patches. If I understand this properly as each OS change come out we would need to review and apply with risks or take the risk to our businesses of not applying them to keep .Net unchanged? Some of the security patches Microsoft applies weather we want em or not. I am happy to be convinced but this sounds like a really really bad and unsustainable solution .

I havent applied anything but the standard MS patches and updates. Why isn't everyone having the issues?

If this is the problem it could explain some of the pain GeorgeSam has had. I can install windows on as many PCs as I want but if I use the latest kits NT will fail with the wrong .Net and any other requirements that are not compatible with a best of bread installation. Just saying Things that make me go HHHMMMMM!!!!

Cheers
                      Last edited by brenton; 05-08-2023, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Hi Jesse,
                        It looks like his solution will not work according to Microsoft. The current version cant be removed or replaced by an earlier version and multiple 4.8 versions cant be run.

So in the current NT solution it looks like .Net Upgrades from 4.8 web planned or otherwise will stop the program from working and stop the business.

Looks like the selection of 4.x as a release version for NT might have been a poor choice as it doesnt have the versatility release wise to cater for NTs needs for a static version

Where to from here?

Views:	538
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1250607​

Comment

Hi Jesse,

you have been a great help and very helpful when on here but when it came to the support team in the end I just gave up and stopped bothering especially after my ticket got closed and I tried to get them to reopen it and let them know that it is unresolved. I did get an email saying "We are only receiving blank emails from you. As mentioned the error you are seeing is related to a local PC issue and not a NinjaTrader which I did find strange after requesting for someone else to review it but I re forwarded my original email response and I have heard nothing since, So I have given up and frankly annoyed with the whole situation because in the past 10 years of using NT whenever I contacted support they have been super helpful and have gone over and beyond trying to fix any issue that had occurred

By the way this is not the first time this has occurred but this was my breaking point in the past few months where I would get an original response and have follow up question or provide what is needed to then have no response even after sending weekly emails asking for updates. Ooo and just to add to the frustration when speaking to support I also brought up another issue I was facing was every time I tried to import my paid licence key into my account I get the following error message "The licence key you entered could not be imported. Please contact support" and low and behold the response was " Please reach out to a PC technician for this error." anyways I could go on but I think I have done enough ranting

As for your .net suggestion, I went through them all when reinstalling windows. The other person who I am aware of that has the same issue, is using a VPS service, and got them to re image their VPS, with just installing .net and Ninja trader and still didn't work, They went on and even done all windows updates to still have the same issues, He even got them in install Windows server 2012 R2, windows server 2019, windows server 2022 and windows 10 with nothing but ninja trader installed to have the same issues

Brenton, I hope you manage to get yours fixed or somehow get a break through as to why this occurs hopefully NT take it seriously enough to look into it

George

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeSam View Post
                            Hi Jesse,

As for your .net suggestion, I went through them all when reinstalling windows. The other person who I am aware of that has the same issue, is using a VPS service, and got them to re image their VPS, with just installing .net and Ninja trader and still didn't work, They went on and even done all windows updates to still have the same issues, He even got them in install Windows server 2012 R2, windows server 2019, windows server 2022 and windows 10 with nothing but ninja trader installed to have the same issues

George
                            I think you just need a vps service that knows what they're doing and specializes in fixing NinjaTrader errors. I'm with ninjamobiletrader vps and all versions of NinjaTrader run flawlessly. 8.1.1.5, 8.0.28, and earlier versions before these never had a problem with them. Nice to have a managed environment where the tech just works.

Comment

Hello brenton,

That .net update is required to be installed, if you run the installer it will tell you if it is already installed or it will install. That link comes from the help guide page from when NinjaTrader updated its .net version. Everyone installs that pack so that NinjaTrader can run. Most pre installed PC's come updated and with .net installed. Most servers or other fresh installed systems will not contain the .net framework NinjaTrader needs to run so that installer can be used to install the correct version of .net. There is nothing being rolled back by installing a specific .net version. That is the version NinjaTrader uses. If you can't get the platform installed then please write into the support email instead of replying here. I can't look at your log and trace files to further help other than providing general suggestions.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/8_0_23_2.htm .net 4.8 upgrade

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Massinisa  
                              Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes