Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intrusive Indicator Messages

Hi,

When adding various indicators. I get the following message across the screen. "... expecting Calucalute "On each tick" or "On bar close". I understand the reason for the notification. However, on each tick is too CPU intensive, and On bar close is too slow.

For instance, when using the Volume up down indicator, If I use "on base close," it will not show any volume until the bars closes and the move has already happened. If I use "on each tick" it's a drain on the CPU. So I use "on price change". There is barely a difference in value between "on each tick" and "On price change"

However, I don't see a way to remove this notification. How can I get this notification to be invisible on the chart?

Also, I have seen similar messages with other indicators, and I don't want to use "on each tick with those either, but the messages will not disappear. This should be more of a pop-up "notification" then it should go away. It's really annoying to see the words across the indicator and doesn't give the user the right to choose how they manage their CPU usage accordingly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	64
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	1245482

Hello tjfintrade,

Thank you for your post.

The messages you are referring to are purposeful and may not be removed or set to be invisible on the chart. The only way to prevent the message from appearing is to set the Calculate property to On Bar Close or On Each Tick. For indicators that rely on volume updates, if you would like intrabar updates (rather than On Bar Close) On Each Tick is required. You are correct that there may be only a small difference between On Each Tick and On Price Change, but this difference is important for getting the correct values. When it comes to volume, there may be two ticks in a row at the same price so an indicator calculating "On Price Change" would not be triggered to update, but the volume would be updated in that tick. Missing that volume update is very important to many users so that is why it is advised to use On Each Tick for indicators that rely on volume updates.

If the message were a pop-up notification instead, it could become tedious to close the pop-up windows if using the same indicator on multiple charts (such as if it were saved to a template that is used on many charts) and it could also pop up again any time the "Reload all historical data" option is selected.

If you are experiencing performance impacts, there are other items you could consider adjusting such as reducing the number of days to load on the chart. For more performance tips, please see the following page:

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Anfedport  
    Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
    0 responses