Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bug after startup ... directory "incoming" - (Version 8.1.1.3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug after startup ... directory "incoming" - (Version 8.1.1.3)

Hello,

After login and I choose "Simulation" I have error.
    "The type initializer for 'NinjaTrader.Cbi.AutoTrade' threw an exception."

I ran reinstall/repair every day.
    Next ... I've been searching the errorlogs for the past week and found the trace files.

At the end ...

2023-04-09 09:54:19:912 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2023-04-09 09:54:19:912 The type initializer for 'NinjaTrader.Cbi.AutoTrade' threw an exception.
    2023-04-09 09:54:19:912 The directory name C:\Users\stivi\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\incoming is invalid.
    2023-04-09 09:54:19:933 System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'NinjaTrader.Cbi.AutoTrade' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: The directory name C:\Users\stivi\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\incoming is invalid.
    at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_Path(String value)
    at NinjaTrader.Cbi.AutoTrade..ctor()
    at NinjaTrader.Cbi.AutoTrade..cctor()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.ApplicationStart(Action`1 errorCallback, Func`2 userFeedbackCallbackYesNoAll)
    at NinjaTrader.AppHelper.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<OnStar tup>b__0(Object _)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    2023-04-09 09:54:23:877 Server.HdsClient.ProcessStartupInfo.Info0: Commissions=0 InstrumentLists=9 MasterInstruments=0 Messages=3 Risks=0 RolloverCollection=224 TradingHours=0
    (Version 8.1.1.3)

Directory "incoming" not exsist.​
    I added the "incoming" directory.

Next day same problem ... Same error and missing directory "incoming"
    The directory "incoming" again is deleted.

Do you have an explanation or is it a bug in NT8 ?

Have nice day
    Roman

You shouldn't need to add the 'incoming' folder.

Sounds like your NinjaTrader installation could be corrupt.

Have you tried doing a repair?

If the repair doesn't seem to help, I'd say try an uninstall & reinstall.

Comment

At first, I did an installation repair every day (every two days).
      Then I found a bug and instead of fixing the installation I will make a new incoming directory.
      Uninstalling and reinstalling is unchanged.​

Comment

Hello RomanNtaForum,

Thanks for your post.

Please create a Clean Environment using the steps below and test to see if the behavior persists.

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
        1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD"
        2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall using the installer from account.ninjatrader.com
        3. Open NinjaTrader and retest.
        If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.

For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.

Does the behavior persist after creating a Clean Environment and testing the behavior?​

I look forward to assisting further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your help. The error was not removed.
          The exception was the same and adding the "incoming" directory solved the problem​.

Can you point me to who and why caused the exception (from NT)?

Roman

2023-04-11 11:23:16:446 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
          2023-04-11 11:23:16:446 The type initializer for 'NinjaTrader.Cbi.AutoTrade' threw an exception.
          2023-04-11 11:23:16:446 The directory name C:\Users\stivi\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\incoming is invalid.
          2023-04-11 11:23:16:449 System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'NinjaTrader.Cbi.AutoTrade' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: The directory name C:\Users\stivi\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\incoming is invalid.
          at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_Path(String value)
          at NinjaTrader.Cbi.AutoTrade..ctor()
          at NinjaTrader.Cbi.AutoTrade..cctor()
          --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
          at NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.ApplicationStart(Action`1 errorCallback, Func`2 userFeedbackCallbackYesNoAll)
          at NinjaTrader.AppHelper.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<OnStar tup>b__0(Object _)
          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
          at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
          at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()​

Comment

Hello Roland,

Thanks for your note.

I am happy to hear you resolved the error by adding the incoming directory folder to the NinjaTrader 8 folder.

NinjaTrader 8 requires that you have an incoming directory folder in the Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder.

"The directory name C:\Users\stivi\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\incoming is invalid."

If this folder happened to have been deleted somehow, it may have caused the error to occur. If the incoming folder was deleted, re-adding the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\incoming directory folder would resolve the error.

Let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Hello Brandon,

I understand that adding the directory will solve the problem.
              I don't understand why NT deletes the directory when it needs to.

Have nice day.
              Roman

Comment

Hello Roman,

Thanks for your note.

NinjaTrader does not have anything specific that would intentionally delete the 'incoming' directory folder.

It could be possible that a corrupted installer caused the issue to occur when updating the platform or the directory folder was accidentally deleted some other way.

Let me know if I may further assist.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM