download new version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

download new version?

I have spent the last three hours trying to log in to download the new version and am going round in circles.

Is it broken ?

The log in would not accept my present password and username so I tried to create a new one.
    I got all the relevant emails but the log in process still wont let me log in?

And the Capcha id driving me mad .... is it really necessary ?

I press log in and it flashes and does nothing

Try using Chrome?
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Just a few hints:

Try using Chrome (Firefox has known issues).

The credentials for your NinjaTrader Account at
      the new NinjaTrader.com portal are a 'brand new
      thing' introduced with the 8.1 branch.

Remember also,

1. Your NT/Portal credentials are not the same as
      your NT/Forum credentials -- they are completely
      different.

2. Your NT/Portal credentials are not the same as
      your NT/Brokerage credentials -- they are completely
      different.

-=o=-

In fact, you say,
      "I press log in and it flashes and does nothing"

this sounds like the Firefox issue, which has been
      reported as happening on both Win7 and Win10.

Comment

Im using microsift edge on windows 10 ?

Comment

I can't log in using Brave, however I have no problem logging in with Edge on windows 11.

Comment

fredfred AndyM
            If it helps

I'm using Brave browser (Win 10 Pro) I had the same issue:​

Having clicked "log In" and it flashes and nothing happens I then clicked the browser reload icon and refreshed the page and it logs me in. Not that it should serve as a permanent solution but hope it helps

Also mentioned here:
            https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...ox#post1242453
            Last edited by dj22522; 04-08-2023, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Using these uncommon browsers you are much more likely to have issues. I would suggest using Chrome until NinjaTrader has had more time to polish this process. You're absolutely welcome to use any browser you want - just understand it will involve a lot more pain until it's been polished more. This whole interface has only been live to the public for about one month and during that time there have been a great many other things they have had to work on that are more important than supporting a bunch of uncommon web browsers.

There's a difference between turning in an issue so they can work on it eventually vs. turning in an issue because you are experiencing a pressing need right now and are unable to do something important. You absolutely should do the former when it comes to browser issues with the new portal. They need to know what all has issues so they can assign someone to look into them and see what would need to be done to make it work in more scenarios. But when it comes to the latter - you are having an important outage right now - you should not wait for them to research the Brave browser support when that browser has a 1% market share... you should use a more common browser (and Chrome is the most common) to get up and running with NinjaTrader and come back to this later when they've had more time to make improvements.

I think Brave like Edge is based on Chromium inside, but still there have been reports of issues with this login screen even on Edge, so the issues are probably similar on Brave and on Edge. Given that we know there are issues already, you probably don't want to be the tip of the spear here. But you can be, if you want to be.

Hopefully, NinjaTrader's web developers will make enhancements to this login screen soon. But, you shouldn't let yourself experience an ongoing disruption in the interim. Maybe the "F5"/reload approach will get you by. It's safe to say they know about these issues as they've been reported a number of times now.
              Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 04-08-2023, 05:53 AM.
              Bruce DeVault

Comment

try this,works for me: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...ox#post1242568

Solution: Enter login credentials. Click Login. Page will flash and appear non-responsive. At that point delete the "welcome" text from the page's URL address, then hit enter. Your account will pop up
                It's just beyond my understanding how some website is working using chrome but doesn't work with firefox/brave/safari etc. It not like someone is using Internet Explorer 6, I mean firefox is a modern browser. How is that possible? Or it's just another "security measure"?

Comment

Web development is surprisingly tedious. It's like "death by a thousand cuts". Browser support for various features is not really standardized and one is forced to either only use the least common denominator of features that all work the same (which means developing for how the web was a decade ago instead of how it can be now) or to aim somewhat higher, knowing that there are going to be problems. The code then has to have various cases in it to handle what each browser can do which is a royal pain to try to fully test.

For better or worse, what tends to happen in these kinds of projects is the developers build it first using the browser that has 2/3 market share (Chrome) and then come back later and try to fix the edge cases for things that don't work with the dozens of other browsers that don't necessarily work the way Chrome does in 100% of the scenarios.

Making matters worse, often alternative browsers tend to take the "high road" and say "we're doing it right" based on some specification published somewhere and that Chrome is doing it imperfectly while their implementation is perfect... which means, basically, they have decided to fail.
                  Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 04-08-2023, 07:56 AM.
                  Bruce DeVault

Comment

Hello fredfred,

Thanks for your post.

Please try using the Google Chrome web browser to log into the NinjaTrader Dashboard located at account.ninjatrader.com.

Chrome is the recommended web browser to use with NinjaTrader.

If you use the Chrome web browser, are you able to successfully log into the NinjaTrader Dashboard?

If not, please write in to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with a brief description of your issue, and one of our Support representatives will be happy to investigate this matter and assist you as soon as they are available.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
                    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                    6 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post jgualdronc  
                    Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes