Collapse

Bungled roll out of NT8 latest version and password every time starting NT8 now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bungled roll out of NT8 latest version and password every time starting NT8 now

I think the title sums it up. No advance emails to existing customers advising them of how to enter their password for both the NT8 platform and to access the forum. No heads up that NT would be going to a cloud format with increased security. No heads up in the NT8 program download, direct download page of changes the user should be aware of for the update process..
    $1500 for a NT 8 program that I now have to log into every time I want to use it, despite not having anything to do with the NT brokerage.
    It took a good 20 mins. to figure out how to get my NT8 up and running and being able to finally see in the about page of the software that I had my unlimited brokerage version back up and running and no longer in demo mode.
    Really annoyed by the whole process and that it took an additional 20 mins. just to get back into this forum after all the additional password security requirements.
    You dropped the ball guys. Hopefully your next software iteration has an option to bypass the software log in process every single time i want to trade. Save those extra security steps for the people that actually use your brokerage to do their trading through.
    Regards,
    Frank Kolnacki

You should add your vote to https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...ord-every-time and the several other threads about this matter. You are certainly not alone in wanting to be able to "remember me and keep me signed in." Everyone I have spoken to about this matter so far wants this feature. It is their primary regret about updating to 8.1, which is otherwise a significant step forward in adding NinjaTrader connection support, web trading, and mobile support.

Further, usernames and passwords to sign in are not really security. See for instance: https://www.nexusgroup.com/why-passwords-not-secure/.

In addition to starting up offline, sim trading, and some other use cases already discussed in the other threads, you point out another compelling reason to support this: not everyone who uses the paid software uses NinjaTrader brokerage so any perceived security advantage is moot in this case. But, by far, the most persuasive argument for keeping this is that it's been a standard feature of the software for almost twenty years.
    Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 04-07-2023, 07:41 AM.
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Bruce,
      Referencing the thread you posted, I see many people are thoroughly annoyed regarding this issue. Also noticed this goes back all the way to the beginning of March with no bending on the part of the dev team. It's been awhile since I've done an update or would have voiced my concerns and joined in earlier. Hopefully they will see the light. Thanks for your timely and thorough reply.
      Frank

Comment

Why my Demo account is not working in the previous version 8.0.27 ?

Comment

If it's a new demo you requested in March or later, it is incompatible with NT 8.0. NT 8.0 is only available to people who had accounts prior to the debut of 8.1.
          Bruce DeVault
          QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello bortz,

Thanks for your post.

We are tracking interest in a feature request that allows NinjaTrader to remember your username and password so that you are able to automatically log in without haveing to enter the username and password each time.

This request is being tracked under the number SFT-5780.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.​
            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
              If it's a new demo you requested in March or later, it is incompatible with NT 8.0. NT 8.0 is only available to people who had accounts prior to the debut of 8.1.
              Thanks Bruce !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post llanqui
              by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
              0 responses