Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Installing new version

Hi!,

I'm trying to install the new version of ninja but I get an error message when I click on the installer msi file. Pls see attachment for screenshot of error..
    Attached Files

Hello Rickee77,

This indicates an issue with the windows installation on this computer. Very likely the windows installer service is not running.

I would first recommend seeking a professional repair consultant to correct the issue.

That said, if you would like to try correcting the issue yourself, below is a link to a 3rd party educational site with steps.
    If error "This installation package could not be opened" appears, first make sure that the application is unblocked, then temporarily disable your antivirus

I would only recommend solutions 1 through 3, and would not recommend modifying your registry in solution 4 without professional direction.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Would it not also be sensible to try the simplest approach first of downloading the release again, perhaps with a different browser? This at least will eliminate the possibility that the file itself is corrupt. If the problem persists, the advice from NinjaTrader_ChelseaB is sound.

My own approach to trying to ensure a properly functioning system disk (software and hardware) is to do the following in a Command Prompt (Admin) window:
      Code:
      sfc /scannow
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      chkdsk C: /B /scan /perf
      You can (and should) search for each of those commands to read more about them before choosing to do this. If in any doubt, again, seek professional assistance.

Thanks.
      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
      jeronymite
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
        Hello Rickee77,

This indicates an issue with the windows installation on this computer. Very likely the windows installer service is not running.

I would first recommend seeking a professional repair consultant to correct the issue.

That said, if you would like to try correcting the issue yourself, below is a link to a 3rd party educational site with steps.
        If error "This installation package could not be opened" appears, first make sure that the application is unblocked, then temporarily disable your antivirus

I would only recommend solutions 1 through 3, and would not recommend modifying your registry in solution 4 without professional direction.
        Thanks!

I've managed to install it on my other PC. When I launch the new version I get this error: "Unable to compile custom assembly. Original version has been restored. You need to recompile your custom NinjaScript files"

What does this mean? And what do I do?

Thanks again.

Comment

Hello Rickee77,

Compile in the NinjaScript Editor to find any compile errors, then provide a screenshot.
          Hi all, My NT8 software Strategy Builder has stopped functioning AND Script Editor isn't working for my strategy either. SB tells me to use SE and SE tells me to use SB for my Strategy. I have tried to restart PC and Software. No luck. Looks like my strategy file has been corrupted :( How do I get my SB to function again so I

Comment

Hello Rickee77,

Compile in the NinjaScript Editor to find any compile errors, then provide a screenshot.
            https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...67#post1108067
            Thanks!

The thing is I don't know what to compile. I don't have any strategies. Only ATMs.

What do I need to compile?

Comment

Hello Rickee77,

Open any script included with NinjaTrader. The instructions in the forum post I have provided a link to, states to open the ADL.

To confirm, you are following the instructions on that post?

Comment

Hello Rickee77,

Open any script included with NinjaTrader. The instructions in the forum post I have provided a link to, states to open the ADL.

To confirm, you are following the instructions on that post?

Thanks.

I've done that and I've attached the screenshot of the errors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	161
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1244527

Comment

Hello Rickee77,

The configuration has references to the old locations for 64 bit.

These need to be removed. (but don't remove the references to the files in C:\Program Files\bin)
                  1. Right-click within the NinjaScript Editor window and select "References".
                  2. Locate and select the reference to the first .dll file mentioned in the Error. (Pay close attention to the specific path)
                  3. Click "remove" to remove the reference.
                  4. Repeat for each file in the errors.
                  5. Click "OK" and recompile.
                  ​Below is a link to a video that demonstrates.
                  This video demonstrates how to resolve the ‘Metadata file not found’ compile error in NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Hello Rickee77,

The configuration has references to the old locations for 64 bit.

These need to be removed. (but don't remove the references to the files in C:\Program Files\bin)
                    1. Right-click within the NinjaScript Editor window and select "References".
                    2. Locate and select the reference to the first .dll file mentioned in the Error. (Pay close attention to the specific path)
                    3. Click "remove" to remove the reference.
                    4. Repeat for each file in the errors.
                    5. Click "OK" and recompile.
                    ​Below is a link to a video that demonstrates.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvm2GtTcn4Q
                    WOW!

That worked and there are no more errors.

What do I need to do next to get the new version working?

Comment

Hello Rickee77,

Do you mean how do you get connected?

The simple way is to disable Multi-provider mode and restart NinjaTrader and log in again with either Simulation or Live.
                      Control Center -> Tools -> Options -> General -> uncheck 'Multi-provider'

Are you asking how to open a chart?
                      Control Center -> New -> Chart

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                      6 responses
                      1 like
                      Last Post jgualdronc  
                      Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM