Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Continuum LIVE Data Feed 2 Seconds Delayed???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum LIVE Data Feed 2 Seconds Delayed???

Today I am experiencing Live Continuum Data 2 Seconds Delay on both NT 8.0.27.1 and NT7
    I have checked both CL 05-23 & ES 06-23 1 workspace 1 chart

I'm sure it's not my PC I sync my pc clock multiple times a day
    I check my time against time.is and it runs very close to the EXACT time milliseconds off
    I have an Intel 13 Gen PC

Internet 834 Mbps /120Mbps
    I just pinged Chicago in 159ms from across the pacific - one way 0.065 of a second

I am finding this to be a regular occurrence lately once every two or three days...

I reported a delay with NT 8.1 where NT 8.1 had a 2 second lag - with 8.0.27.1 around 1 second - with NT7 close to real time here

https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...-data-time-lag

But ever since I reported about the 8.1 Data Lag I've been experiencing around a 2 second lag every few days or so on 8.0.27.1

I think it's definitely the data itself this time as both NT7 & 8.0.27.1 are similar with NT7 a little faster as usual

Is there a reason for this recent occurrence?
    Does it have to do with your data server or something else since the implementation of NT 8.1?

Regards

Last edited by torento; 03-23-2023, 07:05 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this, I believe this is related to an ongoing issue our development team is aware of and are currently investigating it with highest priority. As soon as we have the fix identified we will be sure to let you know. Thank you for your patience.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while our development team continues to investigate this issue with the highest priority.

We understand the frustration that this can cause and, in the meantime, please see the following temporary workaround that can be used to correct the issue you are currently experiencing.

To do this, please connect NinjaTrader v 8.1 to your account using NinjaTrader Continuum. Below is a link to a Help Article that will assist you in recovering your NinjaTrader Continuum Credentials that can be used to connect to your live account.

Once you have recovered these credentials and reset your password, please use the Help Article below to configure your account connection using NinjaTrader Continuum.
      As soon as we have the permanent fix identified we will be sure to let you know. Thank you again for your patience.

Comment

I didn't trade today. Is this problem user specific or did everyone experience this 2 second delay? Hence the workaround for everyone?

Comment

To Clarify NinjaTrader_RyanS I am running 8.0.27.1 and have no intention of updating to NT8.1 until the bugs are worked out
          Do I still need to reset my Continuum password?

The issue seems to be more pronounced overnight, once 9:30 EST was reached the data was a lot closer to real time but not like it should be though?

Regards.

Comment

Hello,

The known issue is only affecting those using 8.1 so if using 8.0 this should be unrelated. Can you clarify how you are seeing this delay? Is this in comparison to another platform, comparing two different windows in NinjaTrader, or comparing two different data feeds within your platform?

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_RyanS

Today I've been using as recommended by other traders to keep an eye on it

ChartLagTimeV3.zip

I trade CL during the London session mainly and the data lag compared to my Synced PC Clock is more than double up to tipple the time lag during the overnight session compared to the RTH trading session I am seeing now

Like I stated in my original post "I think it's definitely the data itself this time" and I do think it is the data feed itself here

Is there a reason why the data feed is 2 - 3 times further behind real time overnight than the RTH session

It would be good to get a fix here as it is not ideal with CL being quite active during the London session with a lagging data feed.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Comment

Hello,

If the issue is persisting, please write into our support team so we may investigate your files and possible provide a few tests to hone in on what may be causing this issue.

Comment

NinjaTrader_RyanS

I would sugest someone from your team investigate during the Overnight Session anywhere in the middle of the night, very late Asian session - early London session when I start is probably the worst that I see as the data becomes more in sync close to the US RTH

I do not think this is an issue on my end otherwise the data would continually be delayed and not become basically real time during US Hours - Delayed overnight to Real time during RTH??? Obviously an issue on your end

If someone cannot provide a fix or explanation as to why this is occuring through an actual investigation during the overnight session then obviously I'll need to find a more reliable data feed

All someone from your team needs to do is note the delay during the Middle of the Overnight Session using an indicator such as the one below and then someone else Compare that to the US RTH to at least begin the troubleshooting process to confirm by yourselves that there is an issue before taking steps to rectify the situation

ChartLagTimeV3.zip

Comment

Hello torento,

I will test it on my end in 8.0.27.1 while connected to NinjaTrader Continuum during the overnight session.

Thank you for providing the indicator.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No problem NinjaTrader_Jason

But realize that the data lag varies, sometimes the data is OK, sometimes it is not, but compared to the US Session it is definitely always slower,

I Just Pinged Chicago in 153ms or 0.0765 of a second 1 way

For example using the indicator right now (20:28 US EST Sunday night) see a 0.653 - 0.705 second data lag which is OK I guess, but during Fri Early US Session I was seeing late 0.2's to early 0.3's so what I am seeing now is more than double the data lag compared to Friday US Session.

And this is good compared to what I have been seeing

EDIT - at 20:57 EST the feed has begin to lag more - it is stuck above 0.740 now (CL 05-23) - 0.740 - 0.795 consistently

EDIT: 21:20 EST - Beginning to lag further behind - Stuck in High 7's to 8's now 0.762 - 0.848. (CL 05-23) I'll check back in pre London Session

EDIT: 3:30am EST 557 - 662
                      Last edited by torento; 03-27-2023, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Currently lag is between 50ms - 150ms when I test it on my end. I have not seen it go above 200ms. Do you currently experience the same? I will keep it running throughout my day and check it.

​​Click image for larger version

Name:	ChartLag.png
Views:	238
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1242797

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_Jason

I am currently receiving a delay of 557ms - 680ms at 03:30 EST and have been updating by editing my post above it rose to over 800ms

Strangely though at about 11am EST It dropped to the low 100ms area but I did not have the time to pay enough attention and take note but a few hours later it is delayed further again

I sync my PC clock with an atomic clock in Germany but when checking against a site like time.is it is still behind, so my best guess is that the data is delayed further than what we are seeing on our PC's due to PC clock error

I just pinged Chicago in 156ms or 78ms one way
                          Last edited by torento; 03-27-2023, 01:46 AM.

Comment

I have not seen the delay go above 150ms on my end so far. It stays within the 50ms - 150ms range.

It seems your PC clock is delayed. Do you notice a delay when you compare your PC clock with another time source (watch, clock, etc) as well? If it lags, it is likely related to the battery of your motherboard. Please renew the battery of your motherboard and check if the PC clock is in sync with other time sources. If so, check if the delay persists.

Comment

I'm also seeing the same occurrence with my Kinetick data feed only the Kinetick feed lags a little bit more, and at 11am EST the Kinetick feed acted similar to the Continuum feed 100ms area

At 11am EST I thought that NT must have reset something that made the data feeds more accurate, but I guess not

The interesting thing I note is that by 9:30 US EST both the Continuum & Kinetick Feeds are as close to real time as I would expect

As both feeds are acting in the same way at the same times & data returns to the speed that it should by 9:30 US EST I can only assume that,

1) There is something at NinjaTrader causing the data to lag overnight, I attempted to ask IQFeed for assistance, if Kinetick data is coming from your server or there's to attempt to troubleshoot but they would not assist me.

2) The CME itself, but if you report low lag overnight, it shouldn't be that unless your PC clock is off

3) Something on my end is causing the lag for me, I'm not convinced as upon US Session open the data lag basically disappears it is only the US Overnight session for me and I consistently Ping Chicago in the 150's ms or 70's one way

I'm going to have a trial of IQFeed directly (as Kinetick is a rebranded IQFeed) to see if there is any difference and to compare in real time at least

The Kinetick & IQFeed to see if Kinetick is Lagging IQfeed

And to test NinjaTrader VS a different platform with the data to determine if NT itself is delaying the data.

In the meantime is there anything you can recommend I do on my end to attempt to troubleshoot my system in case it is on my end

Thank you for your assistance
                              NinjaTrader_Jason

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by funk10101, Today, 08:14 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post funk10101  
                              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                              1 response