Ninjatrader Desktop does not open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
    This is in part because those older OS like Windows 7 and Windows 8 are out of support and no longer supply root certificate updates, so the https connections fail. The new version requires https so you can log in securely, but the older OS will not do that anymore without a lot of manual intervention. I'm sure it's probably possible to kludge them together so they would work (starting with downloading the new root certificates manually), but I don't think it would be worth it and you would be left running an OS that is vulnerable without any recent security updates.
    Good morning,
    probably because of the translation I didn't make myself understood.
    I meant that all versions of Ninjatrader work correctly on all operating systems (even Windows 7).
    The only version I can't open is the latest (from 8.1.1.0 to 8.1.1.3)​

Comment

Originally posted by calster View Post
      Baio, I have a virtual server too with gmail. Did you make it work with linux? I had no idea that ninjatrader supported linux. Can you believe that I talked to ninjatrader IT over tradeviewr over 40min and no one could find the problem. He told me it was a dot.net problem but i made the upgrade and it still doesn't work. You type username and pw and the process dies.
      I have Kali Linux, but I made it work with a virtual machine with W10 installed (with Virtualbox).
      This worked until a few days ago.
      It suddenly stopped working.​

Comment

Man i'm creating another virtual instance maybe the new version will work for me. It's just i tried and it didn't. I will try to create another instance. This thing is so complicated.
        Unfortunately I spoke too soon. Indeed it worked until a few days ago.
        Suddenly Ninjatrader stopped working (even though I installed and configured it correctly).
        I have the same errors as my first post. Incredible.​

Comment

Man i'm creating another virtual instance maybe the new version will work for me. It's just i tried and it didn't. I will try to create another instance. This thing is so complicated.
          I used a virtual machine because it wouldn't open on my Windows 10. For this reason I installed Windows 10 on a virtual machine, this way I can see if it's my fault or if it's their fault. The software does not open even with a clean install of Windows 10.
          As soon as the 8.1.1.3 version came out I tried to install it on the virtual machine, and it worked correctly.
          So I installed it on my main Windows 10 machine, and it worked there too until one day it decided it didn't work anymore. I have not done any updates, I have not installed any applications.
          Suddenly it started showing me the errors I described of the first post.​

Comment

I hear your pain baio98 and this is why apex still recommends version 8.1.1 bc it's more stable and don't have this kind of error if you manage to be able to log in with apex credentials. I just spoke to them. I had the same problem. I have this impression that it works just temporarily with the new version and then it mixes the sim acc with the apex one.
            So you have 2 choices now: 1. Get the previous version and then log in in ninja with apex credentials or 2 Have some patience with this new version and just delete the connection and o it again like I'm doing lol

Comment

Originally posted by baio98 View Post

Good morning,
              I meant that all versions of Ninjatrader work correctly on all operating systems (even Windows 7).
              Baio seriously just create another virtual instance. I've been trying to solve this problem for 2 weeks and it has a dot.net and framework issue it's complicated. Just start it over bc it will save you time. I'm using google cloud as a virtual server.

Comment

Originally posted by baio98 View Post

Good morning,
                The reason 8.1 does not work on Windows 7 without special efforts is because the new version requires a login each time that relies on web technologies and Windows 7's web technology stack is no longer maintained and basically does not work anymore for secure connections out of the box.
                Bruce DeVault
                QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Baio seriously just create another virtual instance. I've been trying to solve this problem for 2 weeks and it has a dot.net and framework issue it's complicated. Just start it over bc it will save you time. I'm using google cloud as a virtual server.
                  here it is
                  8.1.1.3 installed on Windows 10 with Virtualbox
                  s.o. virtualbox: Windows 10

Through Linux I created a Windows 10 virtual machine (with Virtualbox), installed ninjatrader and saw that it worked.
                  I then recovered this machine and installed on my Windows 10 operating system.

I still have to understand why I succeeded, but as you can see if it took you 2 weeks this does not mean that it is not possible to install it.​
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	virtualbox-ninjatrader.png
Views:	190
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	1245761

Comment

I'm using a Windows 10 installation on Virtualbox on a Windows 10 machine...

8.1.1.5, and 8.1.1.7 will not run.

They seem to install on the Virtualbox fine, and upon launch I get the login screen, but I enter the credentials and click "Log In" and it crashes. The window disappears and nothing ever happens after that.

Has anyone figured the cause/solution?
                    Is there some Dotnet update I need to install on the virtual machine?

Comment

Originally posted by tradgrad View Post
                      I'm using a Windows 10 installation on Virtualbox on a Windows 10 machine...

8.1.1.5, and 8.1.1.7 will not run.

They seem to install on the Virtualbox fine, and upon launch I get the login screen, but I enter the credentials and click "Log In" and it crashes. The window disappears and nothing ever happens after that.

Has anyone figured the cause/solution?
                      Is there some Dotnet update I need to install on the virtual machine?
                      Hello tradgrad,

Thank you for your note.

Our support team would be glad to review your diagnostic files via email to see if we can narrow down the cause of this behavior with your particular setup. Although the platform is not opening after entering your credentials, you may still send us your diagnostic files manually. Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to a support email so that we may investigate this matter further.
                      • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
                      • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                      • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to an email written to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com. Please include a brief description of the behavior you are experiencing in the body of the email.
                      • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                      ​​Thanks in advance; we look forward to assisting you further.
                      Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post pibrew
                      by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
                      1 response