Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Do I have to update to NT8.1 if using NT8.0.27.1 with IB TWS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I have to update to NT8.1 if using NT8.0.27.1 with IB TWS ?

been using NT NT8.0.27.1 with a lifetime licence key and full functionality (with orderflow+) with IB TWS

I have a few questions since this recent massive change to NT8 has not been notified or explained much to existing users.

1) Do I have to update to NT8.1 to keep it working with IB TWS ? if I update to NT8.1, I should automatically be on the lifetime plan with full functionality and orderflow+ ?

2) Will future updates be done on the desktop platform version NT8.0 or only on version NT8.1 ?

I bought a Lifetime Licence so I should be able to access all future updates of NT.

3) How do I install NT8.1 now on my existing or new computer ? Where do I validate my licence key to get access to full functionality with Orderflow+ ?

Thanks
    Last edited by qewcool; 03-20-2023, 02:17 AM.

Hello,

You can use either platform for the time being, but note that future bug fixes and updates will only be made to 8.1. If you have a lifetime license, you will retain all functionality of your license when migrating over to NinjaTrader 8.1.

Below is a help article on how to update/install the newest version of NinjaTrader Desktop:

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
      Hello,

You can use either platform for the time being, but note that future bug fixes and updates will only be made to 8.1. If you have a lifetime license, you will retain all functionality of your license when migrating over to NinjaTrader 8.1.

Below is a help article on how to update/install the newest version of NinjaTrader Desktop:

https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US
      Thanks for the reply

1) To clarify my understanding :

So basically IB TWS/Gateway users have to update to the 8.1 version branch since the 8.0.27.1 version does not presently work with IB TWS/Gateway because of the update on IB API as per this other thread : https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...ta-from-ib-tws ?

So currently both versions 8.1.1.1 and 8.0.27.1 do not work with the the new IB API update. You are saying the fix for that problem is going to be made on version 8.1 only ? meaning IB TWS/Gateway users will have to switch to the 8.1 branch of updates if we want to continue using NT8 ?

2) for the install of 8.1.1.1, I looked at your link and it says on step 5 to "Select Simulation and complete the form.​" when installing. But if I want to install a full live trading version of NT8 as I have now per my licence key, do I still select "simulation" ?

I do not want to install a "simulation" trial version of NT8. I want to install the full live trading version of NT8, is there the option to install that ?

3) for the licence key validation on future installs, I looked at your link but no mention of that there. Then I saw this link next to it : https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US

Is there a difference between migrating the licence key by importing from the dashboard vs installing on an existing NT8.0.27.1 installation ? Both action will put the right key licence/plan into the client dashboard account ? and on future install on new computers, we will have the right key licence or plan ?

and if installing on an existing computer with the NT8.0.27.1 version. I should NOT do an uninstall/remove of the existing NT8.0.27.1 beforehand and just install the NT8.1 version over it ?

Thanks

Comment

NinjaTrader_RyanS says
        You can use either platform for the time being, but note that future bug fixes and updates will only be made to 8.1.
        What?! Suddenly, NT 8.0.x.x is unsupported?! Surely you are mistaken.

Thanks.
        Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
        jeronymite
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80