Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two NT License Keys - How to handle

We have two active NT8 license keys.
    We managed somehow to register to the new NT register pages. It was an "old" and unused account. Luckily.

However, registering a second user is simply not possible. https://account.ninjatrader.com/register does not respond. We have tried several browsers and machines.

Although the new NT "register approach" is not user-friendly in our opinion, it is annoying that the basic web functions do not work.

See pic. NO response for registering a new user. Let us know how to proceed.
    Attached Files

fwiw - I just posted about the same thing. It's not worked for me and I've been trying since the announcement. It's not just you.

Comment

Ok. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

With the move from license keys to personal account plans, you can migrate all of your keys into your new NinjaTrader user if you would like (although this is not necessary).

Keep in mind though, part of this change is to remove the need for multiple license keys as your NinjaTrader user can be accessed from multiple machines/devices simultaneously.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
          Keep in mind though, part of this change is to remove the need for multiple license keys as your NinjaTrader user can be accessed from multiple machines/devices simultaneously.
          Ryan,

Thank you for clarifying this. I posted a separate thread about this very question because what you're saying here contradicts what I was told by platform support - possibly someone misspoke or misunderstood the question.

I think this is an important issue to understand correctly, as there are many power users who do have multiple keys and use multiple computers and we need to understand how to do this "correctly" so it doesn't suddenly stop working one day.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify this. It will clear things up for a number of traders if we understand these issues very clearly.
          A common use case for trader clients I work with is that they have several computers to do their trading-related work. They have a live trading license and one or more Continuum username/password combinations, and/or one or more Kinetick username/password combinations. Usually, they just use one machine to place trades, and the
          Bruce DeVault
          QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Thanks Bruce,

To confirm, you may access your NinjaTrader user with full enablements from multiple machines, which should eliminate most use cases for having multiple license keys. If using across multiple devices you may have to confirm the device.

Comment

Thanks.
              Let me sum up: In case an NT customer has several NT8 licenses, the NT customer can register 1 License and then access the same license from different computers. Not simultaneously.

It is not a failure, though, IF the same customer registers TWICE, in case he has 2 licenses. However, under the new NT policy that is not necessary.

Right?

Comment

Users can access their account by logging in to NinjaTrader Desktop, Web, or Mobile at the same time. It's important to note this is not based on how many licenses you previously had and is available to all users.

Keep in mind the change from a License Key system to an Account Plan system was to accommodate this. We are effectively deprecating the license key system (although it is technically still functioning indefinitely) and moving everyone to an Account Plan system. With the new Account Plan system, your NinjaTrader user account is linked to your account's Account Plan, and can be accessed via any machine/instance.

As you will only need 1 NinjaTrader user, you shouldn't need to register for multiple users. Additionally, while you can import multiple License Keys into a NinjaTrader User, the only use case for doing so would be if for instance you had a Lifetime License Key, as well as a Combine License Key and want to functionality/enablements of both imported to your User.

Another example, if you have a Lifetime Multibroker Key and a Free Key, you would want to import the Lifetime Key as this will include the most enablements. They system will allow you to import additional Free/Lease/Lifetime License Keys, but this will have no effect as the MultiBroker Key you just imported has all the functionality the other keys have.

I hope this clears things up but please let me know if I can help further.

Comment

Users can access their account by logging in to NinjaTrader Desktop, Web, or Mobile at the same time. It's important to note this is not based on how many licenses you previously had and is available to all users.

Keep in mind the change from a License Key system to an Account Plan system was to accommodate this. We are effectively deprecating the license key system (although it is technically still functioning indefinitely) and moving everyone to an Account Plan system. With the new Account Plan system, your NinjaTrader user account is linked to your account's Account Plan, and can be accessed via any machine/instance.

As you will only need 1 NinjaTrader user, you shouldn't need to register for multiple users. Additionally, while you can import multiple License Keys into a NinjaTrader User, the only use case for doing so would be if for instance you had a Lifetime License Key, as well as a Combine License Key and want to functionality/enablements of both imported to your User.

Another example, if you have a Lifetime Multibroker Key and a Free Key, you would want to import the Lifetime Key as this will include the most enablements. They system will allow you to import additional Free/Lease/Lifetime License Keys, but this will have no effect as the MultiBroker Key you just imported has all the functionality the other keys have.

How does all of this interact with data feeds? If I have a live, funded account with a NinjaTrader-provided Continuum feed, can I connect to it from Desktop and Web/Mobile at the same time and get live data in all these places? Can I connect to it from two Desktops sitting next to each other at the same time and each get live data?
                  Bruce DeVault

Comment

Also, to clarify, if connecting from two desktops side by side doesn't support Continuum or Kinetick at the same time is there a different data feed that does work for this?
                    Bruce DeVault

Comment

Ok. That means I can add multiple NT Licenses under 1 User. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Trader108 View Post

Ok. That means I can add multiple NT Licenses under 1 User. Right?
                        ^Correct, you should be able to do this without issue

For connections in desktop this would still be limited on the connection technology being used. NinjaTrader data connections for example do not support concurrent connections at the desktop level, so logging into one platform would disconnect the other. A connection like Kinetick does support multiple connections so you could use this on multiple desktop instances.

Please note for NinjaTrader data feeds, logging into web or mobile will not affect your desktop connection. Logging into web AND mobile may disconnect one or the other, depending on which connection is oldest.
                        Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanS; 03-08-2023, 01:12 PM.

Comment

A connection like Kinetick does support multiple connections so you could use this on multiple desktop instances.

Please note for NinjaTrader data feeds, logging into web/mobile will not affect your desktop connection.
                          Whenever I connect to Kinetick from a second Desktop computer the first one is immediately disconnected. Is there somewhere it is possible to configure it for multiple connections?

Also, when you say "for NinjaTrader data feeds" do you mean specifically Continuum and Rithmic for NinjaTrader or does that have a different definition in this context?
                          Bruce DeVault

Comment

Within the new NinjaTrader Desktop connections, most clients will be connecting using our new adapter. Older technologies such as Continuum or Rithmic would be used in prior versions of the platform, or if you have a legacy account that is only setup to use these types of connections. If you're unsure, you can contact our support team to clarify for your specific account.

If you are using the same credentials to login to the Account Dashboard as you are to login to your data connection within NinjaTrader Desktop, you are using the new NinjaTrader data feed adapter. If you are using different credentials it's likely you fall into either continuum or Rithmic based connections to a legacy account for what it's worth.

Comment

NinjaTrader_RyanS says:
                              Within the new NinjaTrader Desktop connections, most clients will be connecting using our new adapter. Older technologies such as Continuum or Rithmic would be used in prior versions of the platform, or if you have a legacy account that is only setup to use these types of connections.
                              For Connections we have configured in 8.1.1.0 that were also in 8.0.27.1 and the details have not changed, how do we know if those Connections use the "new adapter" or these are considered "legacy" accounts and use the "older" technology?

Thanks.
                              Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                              jeronymite
                              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by itrader46, Today, 10:22 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post itrader46