Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What is the new website location for real time intraday margin requirements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the new website location for real time intraday margin requirements?

The updated website design has moved certain pages, thus breaking some of my previously created bookmarks & links.

Would you please direct me to the new location of the intraday margin requirements for future contracts that are in effect real time. In other words, at this moment, does the standard intraday margins apply or the 4X standard intraday margins rate apply?

I'd like to know the real time intraday margin requirements before entering a trade because this info is essential to calculating the correct position size.

In the previous design, this piece of info could be found near the top of this page:

https://ninjatrader.com/margins-posi...=ntbnewsletter

Under the new design, this same info is not available on what looks to be the updated version of the Margin Policy and Position Management page:

The NinjaTrader risk team evaluates market conditions in real-time and reserves the right to adjust intraday margins in accordance with market volatility.

I understand that “intraday margins will be set to 4X our standard rates 15 minutes prior to the release of key economic news announcements as listed in your account dashboard (Opens in a new window) for any and/or all products.”

That said, it may vary when 4X standard intraday margin rates would end and the standard rate resumes because “the temporary elevated margin requirements will remain in place approximately 5 minutes following the announcement once market volatility is determined to present manageable risk for our traders.”

I understand that the intraday margins in use and excess margin are available on the Accounts tab of the Control Center or the Account Dashboard > Reports. That said, this info only shows when there is an open position and so it would not be helpful for making position sizing decisions before entering a trade.

I also understand that the various standard margins are available here:
    https://ninjatrader.com/PDF/ninjatra...ct_details.pdf

I would appreciate it if you would direct me to the new location of the info I am looking for.

If this info is no longer available under the new site design, I’d like to request reincluding it real soon to help with position sizing decisions.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Hello,

The last link in your post would be our best source for referencing intraday, maintenance, and initial margins across supported markets. We don't have a reference of intraday markets in real time, as these will change dynamically based on market conditions and are not possible to predict with 100% accuracy. 4x Intraday margin requirements will typically only apply within a few minutes on each side of an economic news release.

However, if you have more specific questions on why or how these restrictions are implemented you may want to contact our Orders team at orders[at]ninjatrader[dot]com for further information.

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

The real time intraday margin requirements info was already available under the previous site design, therefore, it isn't a new piece of info that I am requesting.

It was previously in a bright blue box near the top of this page: https://ninjatrader.com/margins-posi...=ntbnewsletter

It seemed like a makeshift location for the info that was added when the 4X standard margin rate around news releases was introduced. Perhaps it has been moved to a more permanent and suitable location?

This seems like an essential piece of info to be made available to traders for proper risk management and making prudent position sizing decisions before entering a trade.

If this info has been removed from the new website, I would like to request to bring it back at the soonest.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for clarifying, I will note this feedback with our team and see if there is any plan to reconsider the accessibility of this information within our site.

Comment

Hi,

Traders should not have to guesstimate what the intraday margin requirements in force is and should have access to it at all times, especially when this piece of info, already available under the previous site design, is essential to making the correct risk management and position sizing decisions.

Please ask the team to reinclude this piece of info in the new site at the soonest.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

I've noted this to our product team and they will review the feasibility of incorporating/improving this information.

For other users, the following link tmtc8dxo provided is the best informational source for margin requirements and information at this time:

The NinjaTrader risk team evaluates market conditions in real-time and reserves the right to adjust intraday margins in accordance with market volatility.

Comment

Further to this, it really is information that should available in real-time to the trading platforms. Automation is one of the key features of NinjaTrader software. Automation, by nature, needs information to be available in real-time for real-time decision-making.

Thanks.
              Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
              jeronymite
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

If RTD functionality is ever added to the NinjaTrader platform, then real-time price, account and margin data would be available to MS Excel for whatever calculations the user wants to perform for order/position sizing. RTD functionality has been an improvement request since at least 2018 (SFT-3364), discussed here.

Comment

Lancer Whilst a useful addition, the RTD approach is a specific implementation of a more generic need.

Making various data available in real-time to the internal platform structures (made visible and supported) is the logical first step. That makes many other implementations (such as RTD) so much easier, and opens the way for a much more realistic integration of real-time data into automated Strategies, Indicators and AddOns.

Thanks.
                  Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                  jeronymite
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

This is VERY IMPORTANT information for traders please reimplement the old webpage at minimum and implement something in the platform if at all possible

Comment

It seems like it would be more useful and immediate for any additional information like margin requirements etc. to be available to NinjaScript rather than routing it to Excel via RTD which is a clunky outdated mechanism, and Excel crashes frequently under strain. If it were made available to NinjaScript, an add-on could easily be written to make it available to Excel, but it would also enable many other uses besides that.
                      Bruce DeVault
                      QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
                      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello guys

For swing traders like me I believe he is right by saying that the real time margin requirements are important, as sometimes your neck is getting stretched thin and you are thinking of adding funds not to get closed out by ......bad luck.

So, if there is a way to get this also using Ninja Script, I am sure many robots would love to see this as well.

in TradeStation (I know, I do not like to mention competitor names, but it is an apples-to-apples comparison) you can see the 'Realtime Maintenance Margin' and it does make me change strategies or trades.

I know we have the Excess Initial Margin, but is this the same? As we also have Excess Maintenance Margin, or is this just what is needed to add more contracts?

I think in other words, as RTFM not always helps, I think it would be beneficial to make it a simpler to understand words choice (like your competitor) as this I believe is very clear telling me, 'Better have enough or we kick you out' statement

You can even colorize it, to make sure that traders are not getting disappointed by losing money because of closed positions.

Comment

Hello,

Below is a link to some definitions of each margin/value column in the control center for reference:

Comment

This is what your link does when you are in Europe..page not found, it is not a very good experience. Not sure why, but most of the links are getting this.

I use windows 10, with Edge, but it doesn't matter if you copy the link and go to Chrome, same experience there. But I do appreciate the help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	190
Size:	762.6 KB
ID:	1265559​

Comment

And when you see 0 you think it is broken or just not provided, right? This is on a Ninja Trader Account. Running the newest software.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	179
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	1265562​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                              47 responses
                              0 likes