Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No option to add SIM account for lifetime license after upgrade to 8.1.1.0

Hi There,

I upgraded to the latest version of NT8 yesterday and I don't have the option to add a SIM account. One didn't show up by default, I can't pick one from the account drop down in chart trader, and when I right click in the accounts section of Control Center, the option for "add simulation account" isn't there. I also don't have "global simulation mode" in the tools drop down. I restarted, then completely uninstalled and re-installed NT8 8.1.1.0 and did not restore workspaces or config. files, just a brand new fresh install - and I have the exact same issue.

My friend has installed his upgrade to the same version and still has these options just like in previous recent versions so I assume they're still supposed to be there.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Justin​

Hello Justin,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

As you log into NinjaTrader 8.1, you can choose whether you are trading on your Live or simulation (demo) account instead of using the Sim101 account. This Demo account can be managed from the Profile > Settings > Accounts tab on your NinjaTrader Client Dashboard.

If you would like to bring back the Sim101 account and the Global Simulation option, please 'Multi-provider' from the Tools > Options > General window on your platform. You will need to restart the platform for the effects to take place. The 'NinjaTrader Continuum' connection may need to be manually recreated from the Connections > configure window if you wish to go this route.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much for the quick reply - that worked.

That's what it looked like but because my friend's was still working the same as before the update I thought something else was going on. I was also confused by the fact that the simulated option for me says "demo expired". That's really confusing.

Thanks again!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Bidder
      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
      4 responses