Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Does the New NT 8.1 Impact Custom Indicators, Add-ons, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your reply and no problem! We definitely understand the newness of it all.

2 instances of the Desktop application would be a bit different and is more inline with the traditional connection limitations. It would not be possible to connect within the Desktop application with the same set of credentials at one time. While you could certainly open the Desktop application in multiple locations using your Client Dashboard login, only one of those can be connected to the account at a time while using those credentials. Connecting on one would disconnect the other.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
      While you could certainly open the Desktop application in multiple locations using your Client Dashboard login, only one of those can be connected to the account at a time while using those credentials. Connecting on one would disconnect the other.
      To better understand this situation, could you please clarify if this is only because of the data feed? Or, is it the case that regardless of the data feed we can't have two Desktop instances connected to the same account?
      Bruce DeVault
      QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your reply.

I need to issue a correction to my previous statement, as there was a slight misunderstanding of the new connection technology on my part. I've done a bit more research and do apologize for any confusion here. When you connect using your new Dashboard credentials in the new NinjaTrader Desktop, you are allowed up to 2 connections to the data at a time. This could be Web and Mobile, Mobile and Desktop, Web and Desktop, or Desktop and Desktop. So to answer the original question, if you are connecting using your new Dashboard credentials on 2 different Desktop instances, you would be allowed to do so. This is in contrast to the previous NinjaTrader Continuum connection API, which would only allow a single connection at a time.

Again, my apologies for the misunderstanding here.

Comment

So to answer the original question, if you are connecting using your new Dashboard credentials on 2 different Desktop instances, you would be allowed to do so. This is in contrast to the previous NinjaTrader Continuum connection API, which would only allow a single connection at a time.
          Thank you Zachary, that is helpful.

Can you answer if the new connection that uses the dashboard credentials uses CQG data like Continuum?

Bruce DeVault
          QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello Bruce,

I need to issue a correction to my previous statement, as there was a slight misunderstanding of the new connection technology on my part. I've done a bit more research and do apologize for any confusion here. When you connect using your new Dashboard credentials in the new NinjaTrader Desktop, you are allowed up to 2 connections to the data at a time. This could be Web and Mobile, Mobile and Desktop, Web and Desktop, or Desktop and Desktop. So to answer the original question, if you are connecting using your new Dashboard credentials on 2 different Desktop instances, you would be allowed to do so. This is in contrast to the previous NinjaTrader Continuum connection API, which would only allow a single connection at a time.

Again, my apologies for the misunderstanding here.
            For desktop and desktop, it's only with multi provider option turned off in one, or both, right? (in order to force NT Desktop to use the web connection instead of NinjaTrader Continuum connection API).

Because the new Dashboard credentials are used in 8.1 either way (NT desktop won't open without the new login modal), but seems like the deciding factor is that multi provider checkbox in the options.
            Last edited by backtester831; 03-09-2023, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Hello Bruce,

Correct, the new NinjaTrader connection uses CQG as the source for it's futures data.

Comment

Hello backtester831,

Thanks for the question!

Originally posted by backtester831 View Post

For desktop and desktop, it's only with multi provider option turned off in one, or both, right? (in order to force NT Desktop to use the web connection instead of NinjaTrader Continuum connection API).

Because the new Dashboard credentials are used in 8.1 either way (NT desktop won't open without the new login modal), but seems like the deciding factor is that multi provider checkbox in the options.
                Actually, whether or not the multi provider option is enabled, this should still be possible in either scenario. However, when you do have multi provider enabled, you'd want to make sure that you've created and have connected to the new NinjaTrader connection type on both Desktop instances rather than the legacy NinjaTrader Continuum adapter. NinjaTrader Continuum would still be limited as it was previously, but the new NinjaTrader connection allows up to 2 connections simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
                  Dear Support,

Please comment on how (if) the new Version 8.1 Impacts custom add-ons, indicators, strategies, etc. Some vendors report that their add-ons do not work with the new NT version.and advised not to install the new version.

Ref::

https://futures.io/ninjatrader/59412...tml#post880037

Thanks.

aligator
                  hi Aligator- I tried to DM you but couldn’t. I made a post to ask you a question!

Question for Aligator - Hey this indicator looks really great and I’m excited to start forwardtesting. I was wondering if a feature can be added to generate an alert when a new arrow prints at completion of the bar? I’ve seen alerts that can send a email/sms message but I’m certainly not picky, especially when

Comment

Originally posted by drewski1980 View Post

aligator
                    hi Aligator- I tried to DM you but couldn’t. I made a post to ask you a question!

Question for Aligator - Hey this indicator looks really great and I’m excited to start forwardtesting. I was wondering if a feature can be added to generate an alert when a new arrow prints at completion of the bar? I’ve seen alerts that can send a email/sms message but I’m certainly not picky, especially when

1. Yes, it is possible to add alerts and email for signals using the alert features in NT8. There are NT videos showing how to do that. No need to program.
                    2. Like any other signals, you need to confirm using other method. Profitability is more dependent on trade managrmrnt than just a signal.
                    3. I use this indicator in my toolbox effectively. See my Thread Gradient Color Bars on Future.IO
                    4. If you are in USA, I suggest trade RTH session for just about any market. That is where most of the news and activities are.
                    5.Here are related links for mahTrendGRaBer:

A mahTrendGRaBer V2 This is a new Revision 2 of the ‘A mahTrendGRaBer’ for NT8, originally written by aligator for NT7 and published free on Futures.IO (Later it was pirated by a 3rd party vendor and sold as part of a package) I wrote this indicator based on a chart setup idea discussed by Raghee […]

Divergence RGD Following up shows the reversal may have more juice in it to go further, now pausing at 200 fib level. Looking at the ABC move, the C leg so far has made a move twice the size of the A leg with a lower effort index level inside the 1st predicted green target zone. Considering that today's Housing Starts and Permits report did not meet the expectation, one should think this market correction should have more room to go, perhaps to at least the second green target zone. Cheers! SPY …

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DanielTynera  
                    Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
                    9 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post yertle