Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Does the New NT 8.1 Impact Custom Indicators, Add-ons, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the New NT 8.1 Impact Custom Indicators, Add-ons, etc?

Dear Support,

Please comment on how (if) the new Version 8.1 Impacts custom add-ons, indicators, strategies, etc. Some vendors report that their add-ons do not work with the new NT version.and advised not to install the new version.

Ref::

https://futures.io/ninjatrader/59412...tml#post880037

Thanks.

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your post.

As with any update to NinjaTrader, third party add-ons may require some programmatic changes from the vendor for compatibility. I recommend contacting any add-on developers to confirm if their script is compatible with the new release or if they have released an update to their system.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
      Hello aligator,

Thank you for your post.

As with any update to NinjaTrader, third party add-ons may require some programmatic changes from the vendor for compatibility. I recommend contacting any add-on developers to confirm if their script is compatible with the new release or if they have released an update to their system.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
      Thank you NinjaTrader_Zachary

Typically, past NT 8.0.27 revisions did not impact any of the custom indicators downloaded from the App Share downloads on this forum. However, the new version 8.1 is a completely different multi-interface design and I have found no comments by NinjaTrader about installing the new version may cause custom indicators on this forum functionality issues. The questions really remain:

1. Can the new 8.1 version be installed without impacting or causing issues for all 8.0.27 version custom setups, workspaces, downloaded shared APPs from this forum (no third party add-ons)?
      2. Can one continue to run the old NT Version as before and forgo the new version 8.1?
      3. Is the old 8.0.27 version going to be suported and functional? Can one still trade on 8.0.27 platform and are mluti-brokers APIs still supported?

Thanks.

Comment

I installed new version on my backup development workstation that already had NT 8.0.27 installed. I have not had any issues with previously installed custom NinjaScripts. I have custom Indicators, BarTypes, and DrawingTools from the App Share and ones developed on my own installed. All seem to be working without issue and the chart seems to be more responsive than before.

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your reply.

1. While there may be some User App Share or forum-shared scripts that may need to be adjusted by the developer, I would not expect there to be much more of a difference than from previous version to version upgrades. I don't anticipate many issues, but can't guarantee that all scripts designed by users and other third parties would not be affected. At any rate, if you have any issues with a script, you can certainly let us know and we'd be happy to help as much as we can.

2. Yes, you are by no means obligated to upgrade to the new NinjaTrader Desktop version at this time.

3. Yes, 8.27.1 will still be functional. You will still be able to connect and trade using the previous version of the platform.

Comment

Will all 3rd party indicators/strategies/tools be obsolete and not accessible on the web/devices apps versions?
            eDanny
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hello eDanny,

NinjaTrader Desktop and NinjaTrader Mobile/NinjaTrader Web are entirely distinct from one another. NinjaTrader Desktop is the only one of these platforms that utilizes NinjaScript currently. Third party add-ons will continue to have the same level of support as we have always had, but NinjaScript is only available on the NinjaTrader Desktop platform.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Zachary; 03-08-2023, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Hello eDanny,

NinjaTrader Desktop and NinjaTrader Mobile/NinjaTrader Web are entirely distinct from one another and built on different programming languages. NinjaTrader Desktop is the only one of these platforms that is built on NinjaScript. Third party add-ons will continue to have the same level of support as we have always had, but NinjaScript is only available on the NinjaTrader Desktop platform.

NinjaTrader_Zachary

If I may ask:-

So we can't import custom indicators from Desktop platform to Web platform ?

We are reliant only on the indicators that come with the Web platform ? (I'm still on 8.0.26 so don't now what the Web platform has)

Can we write custom indicators/script for the Web platform?

If so then what programming language do we need to learn or know ?

Can we be logged in to the Desktop platform and Web platform at the same time ?

If I may also ask:-

How integrated are the Desktop/Web and Mobile ie :

If we place trades on the Web platform will they appear in real time on the Desktop platform?

Same for Mobile. Trades placed on mobile will appear in real time on either or both Web and Desktop ?

If so then can we for example close trades on Desktop platform that were opened on the Web or Mobile platform ?

Am I correct to say the Web platform is actually the Tradovate Platform ?

Many thx
                Last edited by dj22522; 03-08-2023, 08:05 AM.

Comment

The web platform indicators are written in JavaScript not C#, and do not run as DLLs like they do on NinjaTrader Desktop. The development has really nothing in common. Any indicators that you wanted to port to the web platform would need to be rewritten, and if they're commercial indicators, a security system will need to be provided by NinjaTrader because currently they're all open source.
                  Bruce DeVault
                  QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce DeVault View Post
                    The web platform indicators are written in JavaScript not C#, and do not run as DLLs like they do on NinjaTrader Desktop. The development has really nothing in common. Any indicators that you wanted to port to the web platform would need to be rewritten, and if they're commercial indicators, a security system will need to be provided by NinjaTrader because currently they're all open source.
                    QuantKey_Bruce

Thank you for your help.

Would you know the answers to the remaining questions I had:-

Can we be logged in to the Desktop platform and Web platform at the same time ?

How integrated are the Desktop/Web and Mobile ie :

If we place trades on the Web platform will they appear in real time on the Desktop platform and vice verse ?

Same for Mobile. Trades placed on mobile will appear in real time on either or both Web and Desktop ?

If so then can we for example close trades on Desktop platform that were opened on the Web or Mobile platform ?

Am I correct to say the Web platform is actually the Tradovate Platform ?

Many thx​

Comment

Yes, you can log into both at the same time (based on my anecdotal observation) if you have two data feeds. Yes, you can see trades from one to the other if they're both at NinjaTrader Brokerage and can manipulate the trades on either side from what I am aware so far. NinjaTrader bought Tradovate, so Tradovate's former web platform continued development under the auspices of NinjaTrader and what you see now is a further development of what there was on Tradovate before.
                      Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 03-08-2023, 10:25 AM.
                      Bruce DeVault

Comment

Hello dj22522,

Thank you for your inquiry.

1. No, it is not currently possible to import indicators from the Desktop application to the Web/Mobile applications. While we are excited to eventually be able to offer custom coding on our Web platform soon, we do not currently have these resources and documentation completed quite yet. More information will be made available about programming on the Web platform will be made available in the near future.

2. Yes, you can be connected in the Desktop application and logged on to the Web platform at the same time.

3. Generally, yes. So long as the account that the trade is made to is an account that is accessible on both platforms, you will be able to see the trades on both applications. An exception to this would be if a trade is made to the Desktop-based simulation accounts, such as the Sim101 account. Those trades would remain local to the NinjaTrader Desktop database and only be available on that platform. The same would be true for trades on the Mobile application as well.

4. Yes, if you open a live trade on the Web or Mobile platform, it can be closed from the Desktop platform.

5. No. While the Web application does have a similar look and feel to the Tradovate application, it is a distinct application.

Comment

QuantKey_Bruce

Yes, you can log into both at the same time (based on my anecdotal observation) if you have two data feeds.
                          NinjaTrader_Zachary

2. Yes, you can be connected in the Desktop application and logged on to the Web platform at the same time.
                          Thank you both.

Are the two statements above saying the same thing ?

I'm referring to one NT account with one data feed being able to log in to Web and Desktop at the same time ?

Many thx

Comment

Hello dj22522,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Correct. With the new Account Plans and Client Dashboard credentials, you can access both the Web platform and Desktop platform at the same time with the same account.

Comment

With the new Account Plans and Client Dashboard credentials, you can access both the Web platform and Desktop platform at the same time with the same account.
                              Zachary,

If with the new credentials you can access the Desktop and web or mobile app at the same time with just one data feed subscription, can you also use the new credentials to log on with two Desktop computers sitting side by side logged onto the same new credential to get live data?

This is all a new situation, the way this is being handled, so I'm just trying to get clarity on what the new rules are.
                              Bruce DeVault

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                              47 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM