Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

New Website -- Where are the links for Free Data feeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Website -- Where are the links for Free Data feeds?

The new website has no obvious links for Free Data feeds that used to be available on the previous site. Are these still offered? If so, where? If not, why not, and what if users already have those data feeds? This covers data for Forex, Futures and Cryptocurrencies that were available.

Thanks.
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Are you referring to the prior site page "Choice" where we listed available data feed options, like here - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/market-data/ ? We had to cut some pages in order to make our weekend launch date, this information will make it back into the new site sooner than later. If you meant something else, let us know.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

refer to this link? https://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData

Comment

NinjaTrader_Ray Referring to the Free Live Data options that were available on the link that Spartacvz suggests above, but which now essentially redirects to the generic home page.

Wanting to know the status of being able to subscribe to Free Forex data, and the limited-duration Free Futures data, and the Free Coinbase Cryptocurrencies data that were all available previously. Also, are current subscriptions to those free data feeds still usable?

My experience using NT 8.1.1.0 to try to connect to the free Forex data feed I use on NT 8.0.27.1 is that it fails with "User or connection doesn't exist. (Panic)", yet still works in 8.0.27.1.

Thanks.
        jeronymite

Comment

When a new user registers here (https://account.ninjatrader.com/register) this creates an account which comes with limited duration Free Futures data. The Coinbase connection is still available, new users in the Desktop must enable Multi-Provider mode under Tools > Options in the Control Center which allows you to configure the free Coinbase connection. As for forex, I thought that we stopped offering free forex data that said, I will escalate this.

Yes, all existing data feeds are still usable, see my Multi-provider comment above. Existing users upgrading will automatically have this option enabled so they will see their existing connections as it was before.

Comment

Hello jeronymite,

Do you still experience issues connecting to Forex? If so, please forward your log & trace files to us, we'd like to take a closer look at the reported error.

You can do this by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief "ATTN Manfred" note in the message.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!
            Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much NinjaTrader_Ray could you tell me the procedure, since what it indicates did not help me here, https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...ow-much-longer #post1238071 that user is created for the limited data feed... thanks

Comment

If you registered as a user, you now have logon credentials. If you installed NinjaTrader 8.1, you just enter these credentials into the logon screen and then after the credentials are verified, it will present you with a screen asking you if you wish to connect Live or Simulation. If this is not happening, let us know.

Comment

NinjaTrader_Ray
                  As for forex, I thought that we stopped offering free forex data that said, I will escalate this.
                  That is news that I have not seen stated by NinjaTrader anywhere else! Why would NinjaTrader make such a decision? And if it is indeed so, why was it not made abundantly clear that this would happen, with adequate warning, and the timeframe in which it would happen? A reason would be good too.

It raises the question I have asked elsewhere just today, Ray: What is the status of support for Forex generally going forward? And in that same thread, why is FXCM now not listed in Supported Brokers?

Very concerning for Forex traders using NinjaTrader.

Looking forward to clarity and understanding of these things.

Thanks.
                  jeronymite

Comment

I stand corrected, you could request a FX trial although we just removed it. Why? Since in two years we had hardly any of these demo requests (no demand) so likely (I am not operational day to day) the team thought there was no need to notify. As a brokerage, we were no longer able to open FX accounts, this has been for some time now so there has not been much focus on FX. If I recall, the FXCM contract could not work for both parties. We will continue to support FX within the Desktop but through FOREX.com/City Index.

Comment

NinjaTrader_Ray This is extremely concerning indeed!

First, Support does realise, doesn't it, that once requested, the free Forex data feed automatically renews every 30 days, hence, request once, no need to request again. How many active users of the data feed are there? The number of "new" requests will be different from the number of "renew" requests. And even if the number dwindles, it is entirely inappropriate and unprofessional to just stop a service without consultation with the users and adequate notification.

Second, removing FXCM as a supported broker?! And again without notifying, let alone consulting, users?! This is an appalling neglect of lifetime license users who are trading through FXCM. Given that NinjaTrader was at one time an Introducing Broker for FXCM and I, for one, gladly opened an Account and continue to trade with them, particularly because it was through NinjaTrader, how can it be that such flagrant disregard is shown to all traders currently trading with FXCM?

Third, I strongly recommend you refer to the various internal discussions in progress about the state of FOREX.com that I have initiated and are ongoing. I will gladly speak to these matters privately with any NinjaTrader management (at any level) who cares to engage directly with me!

Most disappointing!

Thanks.
                      jeronymite

Comment

I checked into this further. We have about 80 active users on the free FX feed at this time. This feed is still on and these users are non-impacted. FXCM live account holders not much more than that. We did not remove FXCM support for these existing customers, they still have access to it.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                          I checked into this further. We have about 80 active users on the free FX feed at this time. This feed is still on and these users are non-impacted. FXCM live account holders not much more than that. We did not remove FXCM support for these existing customers, they still have access to it.
                          I am one of them, my FX data expires in 5 days, so where do I renew it if the original web link https://ninjatrader.com/ExtendForexData no longer exists?

Comment

Originally posted by ToNovy View Post

I am one of them, my FX data expires in 5 days, so where do I renew it if the original web link https://ninjatrader.com/ExtendForexData no longer exists?
                            Thanks for flagging that. For now, can you send an email to support attention to "Ray" referencing FX data extension along with the email address used in your original registration for the trial?

Comment

Just a follow up on this to correct a previous statement. FXCM will be available for new customers as well. We will update our sites to reflect them as a supported broker, likely next week sometime.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post iceman2018  
                              Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                              0 responses